cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Theft

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you feel like me that you have just been pick pocketed by O2. Why on earth do O2 feel it totally acceptable to penalise loyal and existing customers for changing their contract mid term and they feel it perfectly reasonable to increase our monthly fee mid contract. It seems we are being used to fund cheaper and better deals for new customers. They must surely know that it's much more expensive to win a new customer than keep an existing one. They have now brilliantly managed to get me to move to any provider, other than O2 when my contract runs out in 12 months time. So they lose around £900 of future income, I lose £12 from this theft. I think they will lose more than I do. O2, please change your mind on this stupid and petty price rise and reward loyalty, don't abuse it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Many would agree with you, whilst others accept that it is part of life these days.... O2 are not unique and all other mobile providers have done the same, so I guess all those that leave O2 and go elsewhere will have a similar number of people coming the other way too. It's been discussed here if you'd like to join in http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-contract-customers-face-3-2-price-hike-from-F...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There are probably four or five other threads relating to this already. If you think, as you say, that the increase is so petty, then why rant about it? You say you're going to lose £12 from this 'theft'. Let me see if I've got my sums right. That works out at about 3 pence per day. Are you saying that you can't afford that? You think that's being penalised? If you're happy with the service O2 provides you're willing to sacrifice that and move to a different network for a 3 pence a day increase? Give me a break.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree, but does it make it right?...Starbucks have sufffered for abusing the trust and respect of their customers and O2 are risking the same fate. 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not about the money, it's about the stupidity of an orgnisation that doesn't recognise the long term benefit of loyal customers. If you buy a product in shop today, you don't expect the shop to demand more moeny from you a year later because they now decide they didn't charge you enough when they sold it to you....and at the same time they are now selling the same product in the shop for far less than you originally paid for it.

So Bambino, great if you like being treated like fool, I don't

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not about the money, it's about the stupidity of an orgnisation that doesn't recognise the long term benefit of loyal customers. If you buy a product in shop today, you don't expect the shop to demand more moeny from you a year later because they now decide they didn't charge you enough when they sold it to you....and at the same time they are now selling the same product in the shop for far less than you originally paid for it.

So Bambino, great if you like being treated like fool, I don't

I'm sorry to say that it's you who looks foolish ranting about what you yourself admit is a petty increase. Do you do this every time your local pub puts a five pence increase on a pint of beer? All the utility companies have just jacked up their tariffs with far bigger increases than the 3.2% increase O2 is making. Are you writing to them as well? You paying an extra 3 pence a day hardly amounts to your being treated like a fool. I think you need to put things in perspective.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

PB...

You're right when you say that O2 - like almost all service providers from banks to ISPs - give favourable treatment to new customers in order to attract their business.   The trouble is that you are ignoring one key fact...

...you were a new customer once and when you were, you received whatever offer or benefit was available at that time.  You had your perk - don't begrudge others getting theirs.

Message 7 of 7