cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Store Leeds - iPhone Replacement - 'Hair do'

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Store Leeds:

Me: "Hello, my new iPhone is not right, the screen is yellow and it rattles, Can I have a replacement?”
O2 Girl: “we don’t have any sorry”
O2 Boy taking my phone and shaking it “yea mate, mine does that, it the camera mate” 
Me: “when can you replace it?” 
O2 Girl: “I know right! Am I bad for spending 70 quid on new hair, I’m just mad me”
Me: “sorry what?”
O2 Girl: “hahaha not you love, hahaha I was talking to my mate”
O2 Girl’s mate: “hahaha as if she was talking to you” 
Me: “errrm when can you replace my phone?” 
O2 Girl: “you will have to talk to my manager, he’s over there but he is busy, he’s always busy” 
O2 manager, selling a new iPhone to someone. 
Me: “errm”
O2 Boy, looking at my photos “dunt look yellow” 
Me: “what?” 
O2 Girl: “Garry! Garry! We got another iphone broken, when should this bloke come back?” 
O2 manager: “get him to write down his phone number and we will ring him if one comes in” 
O2 Girl, hands me a scrap of paper “need your phone number” continues to discuss how mad she is for spending 70 pounds on hair with friend. 
Me, passing my phone number over “can I have a receipt to say I have called in for a replacement” 
O2 Manager ‘Garry’: “No mate, like she said we will phone you” 
Me: Sigh

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

just book an apple genius appointment at nearest store you will walk out with the replacement if found to be faulty

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
The nearest Genius Bar is in Manchester 70 miles away, unfortunately.
But thank you for the recommendation.
Message 3 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It would be well worth the trip mine used to be exeter 72 miles away went twice at least now I have bath 35 miles away.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I might have too Adam if they don't get back to me. Going to have a little faith....
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Barron, have you tried making a complaint regarding the way you were spoken to in store?  seems entirely unprofessional to me....

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was very unprofessional, I am going to see if they call me back.
Message 7 of 18

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

No don't wait for a call that will never come. If they only took your name on paper then you can almost guarantee the attitude of the staff will put that in the bin at the end of the day. If you continue to use the phone then at some point it will be assumed you accepted it as is making your future warranty claims difficult. In other words, put it back in the box! Its hard but necessary.

If you've had the phone/contract for less than 7 days take it back and quote the 7 day happiness guarantee i.e. return it as is stating the faults on paper as reasons to reject. I take it it was all done in store and not online otherwise you need to ring CS to sort it out. Do note that if the phone is cosmetically damaged the 7 day thing will be void.

Message 8 of 18

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Forgot to add: even though you won't have an iphone replacement now the later production models should be free of faults.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also to remember that if you bought it during the pre-order online/telesales or ordered it since friday through the same channels the stock has come from CPW and O2 won't touch it.

Message 10 of 18