• 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
See abs@o2 thread in announcements
Yes used but not been to a place to use it yet
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it involves a retailer scannig a barcode on your phone, I wouldn't bother. I downloaded the Subway App in order to build up credits every time I buy one and thus achieve the goal of a free one some time in the future. Of course 7 out of 10 stores you visit are unable to scan your barcode on the phone ( normally blaming you, the customer ) telling you that it must be your screen protector or that your App has become corrupted. Result, purchase made, no reward collected, subway laughing all the way to the bank. The technology is just not keeeping up with theses wacky ideas.
Message 3 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
no barcode an alphanumeric code on screen
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it's still relying on something on your phone ?
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it's still relying on something on your phone ?

Isn't that the point of an app, it's something which you use on your phone? It's a bit like a voucher code without the actual piece of paper, I guess.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it involves a retailer scannig a barcode on your phone, I wouldn't bother. I downloaded the Subway App in order to build up credits every time I buy one and thus achieve the goal of a free one some time in the future. Of course 7 out of 10 stores you visit are unable to scan your barcode on the phone ( normally blaming you, the customer ) telling you that it must be your screen protector or that your App has become corrupted. Result, purchase made, no reward collected, subway laughing all the way to the bank. The technology is just not keeeping up with theses wacky ideas.

If it's a barcode then they can just type it in manually.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The subway barcode is one of those funny square squiggly things... no numbers.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its generally down to the resolution of the screen, if it's an old scanner and you've got a screen with a high resolution then it can't read it. I often can't use my clubcard unless it's a newer scanner, where as my OH with a phone with a normal screen has never had a problem scanning his in.
If they use an optical scanner then it will work every time if I recall correctly.
Message 9 of 9