cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Policy for downed masts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
This is my first posting and I have joined because Ive reached the end of my teather.
The area I live in has been without O2 :robotmad: signal for 11 days and I have not been able to get any useful information via the O2 "helpline" has anyone out there got a number where I can speak to a senior bod who can actually tell me whats going on.Freephone 0202 is great when you actually have signal!
Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
what is showing here http://status.o2.co.uk ?
if it shows a fault then o2 are working on it and it can take time to fix depending on land owner what is wrong etc.
You could ask @o2 on twitter they may be able to give more info
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for that.
However, the information on that site shows the area of Shropshire where I live as no problems, which is clearly incorrect. I estimate the area affected is a 4 mile radious and must involve a few 100 people so im suprised O2 have not done anything.
I think the medai is the next option.
Thanks
Message 3 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
o2 need customers to ring and report an issue. you could email them from the o2 website with the issue.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before you call o2 make sure you've tried your sim in a different phone and ideally that you've found a person with the same issue staying in the same place as you. A signal issue will only be taken up as a possible outage once they're certain it's not your phone or sim card at fault.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Yes tried 7 phones in the area all showing SOS only, so I know its not the SIM cards.
The area is Claverley in shropshire.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
At last reception restored after over two weeks.
The excuse appears to be, copper being stolen from the mast and the land owner would not let O2 onto the site.
I will still be pushing for compensation for loss of use for an unreasonable time.
I had to buy a pay as you go SIM card on Orange and it works well in my area.
Message 7 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
copper and metal thefts every week in the news and landowners usually the hold up
Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 8