Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Overpayment Refund - Still waiting after 6 MONTHS

Mikes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cancelled my O2 contract back in September 2018 and after endless phone calls to O2 it's taken until March 2019 for someone to realise that I have cancelled my services. Not only have o2 been taking payments from my bank account without my consent but trying to get a refund has been a nightmare, I'm always being told different dates that the refund process has started from and the payment hasn't been refunded as yet.

I have now decided the only way im to get a refund is to contact the small claims courts and to pay the additional fees required and to add those additional charges to O2.

My question is has anyone else had to go through this and how did it work out?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mikes I'm not aware of anyone that has done so but we are aware of how long it takes to get money out of O2.

I'll tag one of our community managers to see if they can help you @EmilieT  ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mikes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've spoken to O2 agents over 40 times (inc managers) without ever getting a positive outcome. I no longer have the patience with them, thanks for replies. slight_smile its of to court we go. tongue

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mikes  What did you do initially to cancel your services? Have you been aware that money to O2 was coming out of your account every month?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Mikes, I'm very sorry to hear you've been struggling to get anyone to help with this!

I'd love to get someone to look into it on my end, so I'll send you a Private Message to get a few more details shortly. I understand you want to go down a different route right now, but in case you'd like me to see what we could do please reply to my Message when you ahve a minute (you can view it and reply to it by going into Messages in the top right of your page).  slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @MI5  and @jonsie!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Mikes, unless you have followed the complaints process and been to the ombudsman, the court will probably send you back down that route before you initiate the smalls claim court route...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8