cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Outbound Team for upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm due an upgrade in 2 months on my iPhone 6S and have been in contact with the Customer Service Upgrades team through the 202 number.

I've had 3 conversations with the Customer Service Advisors on the telephone to have a conversation about securing a new deal on my upgrade. On the second and third occasion the CS Advisors were unable to authorise my deal but both agreed that what I wanted was not outworldly or unrealistic. I was told that the Outbound Team would have the remit to bend certain things with discounts and the CS Advisors were confident they would be able to assist with securing the upgrade I was after. I was advised that I would have to wait for a call from the Outbound Team which would need to be booked in.

So here I am, 3 days later, after waiting for 3 booked calls from the Outbound Team to discuss my upgrade. As you can imagine I haven't had any missed calls or notifications through email. I have checked with the CS team who confirmed my method of contact had been checked as phone with the correct number. The common courtesy doesn't seem to exist.

What more do I have to do to show willingness to stay with O2? I've seen all the cheaper deals on the internet but I believe in loyalty. However, as I feel like the Outbound Team are now a myth I may as well jump ship.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous regardless of what you have been told there are no call backs. Chase customer service again & ask to be put through to retentions 

Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. Would retentions have more authorisation for securing a decent deal?

Message 3 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They are the ones with all the deals, but don’t expect anything huge in terms of discount.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The deals are most likely only a few quid off the airtime portion of the contract 

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does seem like that because you were not going to take their offer they have fobbed you off as they wouldn't be getting any deal from you.

Speak to retention's but they have about as much clout as the rest of them.
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You are better off upgrading in your local store 

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or find a better deal elsewhere and see if they will match it. If they can't and the service is OK for you then you leave and port your number.

Their loss then.

O2 for some reason now don't believe in loyalty deals.
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 will not likely match any other deals from other providers 

Message 9 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 21