cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Guru Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Wedneday 31st December I had an appointment booked with the Guru at the shop in Ipswich.  I arrived at the shop to be told that the Guru wasn't in that day.  This after waiting in a queue for 15 mins.  Why was I allowed to book the appointment if the Guru wasn't going to be in that day or if he was sick then why wasn't I informed earlier that he wasn't going to be there.  I wasted 2 hours getting there and back and waiting about in the shop.  The staff were very good and tried to help but were unable to do so.  I am very annoyed about this and would like an explaination please.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
One of those amazing power saving "features" that is actually a bit of pi$$ poor coding.
The idea of sleep switching from wifi to cell data to save power or otherwise is idiotic at best.
Message 21 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149412 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
It's been on every single iPhone so someone must think it's a good idea - or they've no clue on how to fix it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 42

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23993 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It's been long thought to be a battery saving feature as some write ups say wifi uses more battery than network connection. Some refute that too.

I'd rather my iPhone didn't switch between screen time outs but that's how it is right now.

Some refute that? APPLE refutes that.

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
In all fairness, they are still new to the mobile market so probably aren't as fully up to speed on battery performance as others.
Message 24 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 125997 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
In all fairness, they are still new to the mobile market so probably aren't as fully up to speed on battery performance as others.

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 42

MI5
  • 149412 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Well at least 2 years behind Android !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 26 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 125997 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It's been long thought to be a battery saving feature as some write ups say wifi uses more battery than network connection. Some refute that too.

I'd rather my iPhone didn't switch between screen time outs but that's how it is right now.

Some refute that? APPLE refutes that.

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

@Bambino  I have just read that link you provided. Is this the what you mean? Info in the section Tips for iPhone. iPad and iPod....

There are two simple ways you can preserve battery life — no matter how you use your device: adjust your screen brightness and use Wi-Fi.

When you use your device to access data, a Wi-Fi connection uses less power than a cellular network — so keep Wi-Fi on at all times.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are correct @Cleoriff
Message 28 of 42

MI5
  • 149412 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
So why would Apple say that and then do something that prevents users from keeping wifi on.....?
Message 29 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 125997 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So why would Apple say that and then do something that prevents users from keeping wifi on.....?

@MI5  Beats me...i was confused when I read the thread and then went to the link Bambino provided, read it and found the info I posted....:smileysad:

Clearly stating on Apples own page.. that Wifi does save battery life. it doesn't take a lot to confuse me !.LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 42