cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I renewed my contract o2 ast year. I didnt notice that it was a worse deal than my previous contract (1gb of data) I called the o2 Customer service team who stated "you should have read the fine print, your tied in now"  after years of loyalty my wife and I will not be renewing with o2. There was far better deals on other networks than we got and ill certainly be taking them up on there offers.

o2 priority? My a** the only priority is your money!! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@AnonymousWelcome to the forum.

Whilst I do understand your frustration, O2 operate a fair deal for all policy regardless of how long you have been a customer. The bottom line is they expect you to read all the terms and conditions before signing up to a new contract. I hope you get a better deal with any new supplier when you leave O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am sympathetic towards the OP's statement. I had that issue when I was with Vodafone. I was with them for the past 13 years and they have been over charging me for numerous occasions and did not admit to their failings despite me directing them. It was only after I have piled on the pressure on them before they took actions. 

In the end, I took the opportunity to leave them and move over to O2 when I had the chance to do so.

Honestly, with O2, I have not had any problems with them so far. I guess that we as consumers would have to be aware of the deals available and not relying too much on the customer services to do everything. This is because, from my past experience, they might not have the information that we, as consumers, are looking for. 

On the other hand, customers have the right to ask for discounts and better deal from mobile providers as well. 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No one holds a gun to anyone to sign a contract and you have 14 days to cancel without any reason.
Unfortunately if there isn't a clear understanding of what you've committed to after that you are stuck with it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm not sure how these days you could be unaware of data limits as this, along with minutes and texts and or course cost, are the main selling points. Are you saying something was hidden in the small print? 

Message 5 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Before getting my latest phone through o2 I went on line to check out the tariffs and what was included in the different tariffs. I then contacted customer services to pre-order the phone I wanted on the tariff I wanted. When the credit agreement was emailed to me I read it very carefully before signing. Therefore no surprises at the end of the day and no complaints.

And as @MI5 says you do have 14 days to cancel if you are unhappy or change your mind.

But the key point is you do have to know what you are signing up to; preferably before you sign up.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 7

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Excellent! You are responsible for what you have signed for. Caveat emptor...
Message 7 of 7