Did you mean: 

O2 Community Mobile version Discussion

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We all use the mobile version of the community from time-time ( some of us all of the time) and we know that it could perhaps be better or easier to navigate in a number of ways. A close analysis of how we can improve things is planned for the near future and I'd love to hear from you all.

- What features do you love and hate?

- Are any design aspects inhibiting?

- What things would you like to see that you have observed elsewhere?

- What else do we need to know that's important?

This is your chance to let us know about the issues, wishes and suggestions you have, as we'll be using them to help us create an even better place for everyone to be slight_smile

Sound off!

N.B: We had a few issues recently with the community and mobile view, but try to think outside of this issue please wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
The only major issue for me is the very close proximity of the "post" and "cancel" buttons - It's very easy to hit cancel when trying to post the message.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Toby I don't use the Mobile version as much as my PC....but there is something I would like to see changed on both if I could mention it here?

* I can't see why we have to be logged on to view 'Unread Posts'

I find this time consuming if I am unable to answer anything new. I can see the topics without being logged on so why not unread posts?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Kudos button should be retractable, I've given a few while scrolling to some right numpties.
Also, media linking would be good.
Also a report post button
Also my name is still showing incorrectly on mobile.
Also yodel have just turned up with a right idiot driving.
Also I've lost my chain of thought.
Oh. Yeah that's it.
Also an edit button would be nice.
Message 4 of 33

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Toby I don't use the Mobile version as much as my PC....but there is something I would like to see changed on both if I could mention it here?

I find this time consuming if I am unable to answer anything new. I can see the topics without being logged on so why not unread posts?

Hi Cleo, 

if you're not logged in, the community software will not know who you are and therefore which posts you have and have not seen slight_smile

On Mobile view however, there is a 'Latest Posts' page. Do you use this?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Incidentally...I know this isn't possible. I have just had a 'discussion' LOL

Thank you to @MI5 for explaining the madness of my thinking in a very patient manner. Happy Dance

(This doesn't mean I like having to log on to read unread posts...but the explanation was welcome (and obvious) Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 33

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You don't get the full options on mobile, maybe I'm seeing it wrong but I can't quote or add images unless I click on full web version.

I agree with the kudos, many times I have given kudos unintentionally and can't amend it. You could previously. Why the change? I've given some intentionally and seen them taken away, we should have the same option.

Message 7 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi Cleo, 

if you're not logged in, the community software will not know who you are and therefore which posts you have and have not seen slight_smile

On Mobile view however, there is a 'Latest Posts' page. Do you use this?

Yes I know @Toby hence my post just above yours...Ah well you can't blame me for trying....and as you see as open and honest as usual....explaining my Duh me moment LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 33

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We have asked previously for a standalone app with full functionality. ...sometimes maybe there isn't an app for everything but surely worth developing. It's messy going into the mobile version and I now instantly click on full web view.

Message 9 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

*The full version should be set to default in my opinion

*Agree with viridis re the retractable kudo button. I have sometimes hit this in error. However I think it should have a 15 minute timeout for genuine errors. We dont want the option of removing kudos just because you have had a fallout..Rolleys

* I have the edit function on my mobile....not sure why you haven't @viridis?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 33