cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Active Link Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems there is an issue with the o2 active site at present, the issue is the header for some reason showing details not usually there.
http://wap.o2.co.uk/o2active
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could some kind person try this link http://wap.o2.co.uk/o2active and let me know if they see the text at the top of the page?
Here is what I see at the top:
6200Status OKhttp://o2uk-prod.amobee.com/content/5 ... 88419Yahoo Jury Shown Photos Of Joanna's Body At Trial The jury in the trial of Vincent Tabak has been shown pictures of Joanna Yeates' body and is hearing from the pathologist who recorded her 43 separat China Orphanages 'Buy Babies' For AdoptionChinese orphanages may still be buying babies and offering them for foreign adoption despite a series of recent scandals, Sky News has discovered. Minister Bins Government Papers In ParkCabinet Office minister Oliver Letwin has been photographed dumping government documents in park waste paper bins prompting calls for an investigatio Live - India v England England's bowlers start well, after captain Alastair Cook loses the toss, against India in Hyderabad in the first of five one-day internationals. Sportsday Live - latest updates Sportsday Live - featuring the latest on Wayne Rooney, England's opening ODI against India and more. Whip rules hinder riders - Hughes Jockey Richard Hughes says riders who conform to the new whip rules are "not trying to the best of their ability". 66Fit Elite Foam Roller- Blue, 15 cm X 45 cm 66Fit Elite Foam Roller- Blue, 15 cm X 45 cm by 66Fit 648 days in the top 100 (51) Buy new: £14.50 £11.60 3 used & new from £11.60 (Visit the Bestsellers in Sports & Leisure list for authoritative information on this product's c
Message 2 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
not over wifi or 2g on my iphone
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
not over wifi or 2g on my iphone

As you mentioned wifi, should I have my Nokia C5-00 set to Dual Mode or GSM Mode?
And I take it that is for the built in browser and not for Opera Mini 6.1? as I can't see a setting for the Opera browser, unless that main setting affects both and all browsers?
Let me also say that page was ok till today.
Message 4 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
no idea about your phone settings an iphone man here
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like the issue with the o2 link is resolved!
However why am I unable to view my o2 details using anything other than my phones default browser? as when I try using Opera Mini it just tells me that I am using Wi-Fi which I am obviously not.
Message 6 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You would need to ask Opera about that.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would need to ask Opera about that.

Thanks perksie. If you want to delete your reply on the other thread I will delete that opening post.
slight_smile
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can't view O2 Active proper using Opera Mini, because Mini uses a transcoding proxy, so you are connecting from outside the O2 network. They do pass an X-Forwarded-For, but this is a shared IP.
Basically, O2 can't work out who you are when you use Opera.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can't view O2 Active proper using Opera Mini, because Mini uses a transcoding proxy, so you are connecting from outside the O2 network. They do pass an X-Forwarded-For, but this is a shared IP.
Basically, O2 can't work out who you are when you use Opera.

I kind of thought that, and with your knowledge you were very kindly able to explain it, thanks.
Is it safe to use Mini then for stuff on the web using the phone that is, or is it safer to use the default pre-installed browser?
I also don't suppose you could explain what a transcoding proxy is and what is X-Forwarded-For ?
Thanks.
Message 10 of 11