cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia N97 - 02? carphone warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sooooooo does anyone know as yet whether o2 will be selling the nokia n97??? I believe they will be through the carphone warehouse but as yet no release date. Why do they do this, doesn't make sense to me!! The carphone warehouse has assured me that even though i bought my nokia n95 8gb from an o2 store I can still upgrade through the CPW. Will everything remain the same, my insurance cover and being able to phone o2 for any help with it etc etc...that's if it does come out on through CPW, will my account and everything be valid and checking my bill online etc etc...I know it may sound thick but just wanna check. I see the n98 floating about the web too!!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was offered an upgrade yesterday and asked about N97 and was told that it would be available 1st July on 02. No details about plans yet.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to carphonewarehouse today they told me they have 905 n97's in stock for o2 but they are just sorting the tariffs out so it should be out on o2 within the next couple of days ! 😆
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
To answer your question ldyson1983. Yes.

CPW merely act as an agent for O2 in the purchase of an O2 airtime contract. The phone purchase is between you, Nokia, and CPW (or any other 3rd party Upgrader).

As an existing O2 airtime contact holder, you have "Valued Customer" status with them. Assuming you can view your exising contract, billing etc, online, you will be able to check your new order, tariff, entitlements, usage, through the O2 "My O2" link.

I believe O2 just want time to come up with new tariffs for the N97, as they've done with the iPhone. It's only my opinion, of course. Maybe they've all just gone mad.

_
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are no plans at present to release the N97 on O2 so just beware that if you do buy it, say through CPW, then O2 will just be your network provider and not your contract provider
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your insurance wont cover it, you'd have to take out a new policy.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
just re-rang the cpw...no details about the n97 being out on o2.....could just be rumours they said......argggggggg
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting thread on 3G Forum where a guy has bought one of these on O2 through Dialaphone only to be asked for it back as it is not supported by O2

http://tinyurl.com/exqys
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been searching google for news on the n97 as we all have and last wednesday having held the n97 in a carphone warehouse store I had to leave stamping my feet as no prices up for o2, having being promised by three rep's of cw i have just recieved 2 calls this afternoon telling me the N97 won't be available for upgrade on o2 for at least 2 months an do i want to change over to orange? What the hell? I'm giving it till end of week then good bye o2....
also this came up today in the link below

Existing O2 customers who are desperate to get hold of an N97 will not be able to get one as an upgrade from Carphone Warehouse so the only option for these people would be to buy one SIM-free
http://www.telecoms.com/12438/the-cost-of-exclusivity
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called CPW's O2 customer retention team asking for a PAC to switch my number to Orange, since CPW/O2 can't provide an N97, and they told me ("unofficially", of course!) that the N97 will be available on O2 via CPW within the next 30 days or sooner (once software issues have been ironed out), and that at that time they'll try and beat the Orange tariff as I'm a long-standing O2 customer.

I guess it's worth waiting a few weeks to see, so I've decided not to go with Orange for the time being.

Frustrating though, because I really want to get my hands on an N97!

Mark
Message 10 of 13