cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok O2,
Is Nokia Lumia a dirty word around here with the recent release announcement (this week ) i suppose the mention of a Windows Phone is mmm dubious to say the least !!! So my question is having been an O2 customer for 12 yrs an at the moment own a Nokia N8-00 which works superbly. Are O2 going to support the Windows Phone or not it seems only the other three main operators/ competitors, are being offered. does this mean the end of my nokia phones on o2 an may have to switch operators ??.or does one have to go Apple i4/5, Banana , Pear ,Peach or Blackberry in the not so distant future to stay wiv this network ??
Neville
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seen plenty of articles like this in the mobile press

Rumor has it that Nokia has set a series of strict criteria regarding stock of it Windows Phone devices at O2, including volume targets, store displays and marketing campaigns, and that the wireless carrier did not agree with them.
Apparently, this determined Nokia to drop O2 from the list of wireless carriers that will first launch its Windows Phone devices later this year.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nokia-Wi ... 4212.shtml
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dave for link and your reply. Reading between the lines not exactly hit it off have they!!. looks like its APPLE ! or BANANA !! or swop carriers to another fruit !! 😞
Thanks Dave,
Neville
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may well find you can get one from Carphonewarehouse or Phones4U on O2. Could even be a chance that the CPW one comes unlocked.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Speaking to CS and it will indeed be supplied.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly on the same boat.. About time I switch carriers me thinks..
I've also heard Phones4U will be brining em on O2 (dont know how that's gnna work), do they lock their phones?
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys thanks for your replies, yeah CFW and F4U are going to supply it on O2 like you have said ! how they gonna do it is a puzzle ? The salesman said it can be done as an 24Mth upgrade !! .God knows how ? and with what support ??.
What if as i usually do purchase the phone out right left a bit of a grey area in his mind and head scratching !! does not inspire confidence does it ??
Come on O2 whats the bottom line here ??? please ?
Apparently some remote tribes in the Amazon Jungle are getting them on launch day 18months free contract, their Apple Iphone4`s are tending to ripen fast in the heat and humidity go soft an turn off !!! grin grin
Neville.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
speaking with o2 they tell me nov 16 for the nokia lumia 800????
Message 8 of 8