Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wi fi calling support for text messaging

JohnofAshdown
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All other providers bar O2 support text with wi fi calling .Just wasted 30 minutes for someone to answer the phone. Very poor signal here at home. Texts from my bank don't get through with the OTP so no banking. O2 said it was because my phone was listed as Android they would relist as an iphone and it would be ok. Makes no difference. This was within the 14 days after i joined. Finally gave up today couldn't do some urgent banking got a PAC code but they are charging me £242 on an £11 a month light contract for going. O2 is an appalling company. Stay away at all costs.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JohnofAshdown 

iPhones are supported for sms over wifi. 
You need to make sure your phone has the latest software and that your carrier file is updated too. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6270 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

O2 have supported text Via WiFi Calling for a while now. I run an Andriod phone and can send and receive texts on WiFi including OTP

Can't understand what CS are talking about.

You can message O2 on Facebook or (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) ,

Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Hopefully you will get someone who knows what they are talking about

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

JohnofAshdown
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's interesting MI5 it's an iphone XR and has the latest software. I'm not sure what a carrier file is can you amplify for me.

Message 4 of 7

JohnofAshdown
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They are running it to Android phones and were extending the software to iphones at sometime in the year was the last I saw. SMS gets through eventually we have the faintest signal here.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JohnofAshdown 

I'm not sure what the latest carrier file is but if you connect to iTunes it will force the phone to check.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Wod
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Might be worth checking the APN settings for IMS services also or to make sure there's an APN there with IMS service. This will allow VOIP services. 

And as already mentioned you should make sure that your messaging and calling apps are up-to-date but also the carrier services as they work together.

Best of luck 

Message 7 of 7