Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone and terrible service

DISGRUNTLED2018
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So five days ago I spent nigh on £1000 on a new phone with o2. No small sum and for that I would have expected top notch service from any business but especially one that I am already a loyal customer of.

My phone should have been delivered next day, so I took a day off and waited for the email telling me that my phone was on its way.

Nothing.

I double checked all emails and eventually found a note that said because I had ordered late at night my phone would be delivered between 6 and 10pm. Would have been nice to know that BEFORE taking the day off but hey...

10pm came and went. No sign, no email, no call from o2 to say 'oops we screwed up'. 

Nothing.

Next day (Saturday) giving up all hope that I would get anywhere if I waited for o2 to do their jobs I rang. I waited 15 mins on hold before being told that my order had been received by UKMail at 6pm the night before but no other information was forthcoming and they wouldn't be able to follow up until Monday when I was promised a call back.

In addition it seems I was given a new number for my new phone which I had positively declined.

This morning (Monday) I heard nothing.

This time I waited a full 20 mins before being answered and then having explained my problem was promptly cut off. 

I know what you're thinking, as was I, they're a telecoms company, they must get free calls? Surely I'd get a call back??!

Nothing.

I tried the online chat. Seriously don't bother, not unless you get off on being apologised to profusely by a completely inneffective, faceless individual.

So eventually I braved the phone again, waiting 30 mins. Apparently my phone is now with Royal Mail, God only knows when I'll get it and I'm told that even when I do it will take another 24hrs to port across my existing number.

Absolutely RUBBISH service from o2. Totally poor.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DISGRUNTLED2018 You can complain using this link 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Phone will likely be out of stock and probably not even been sent out by o2 yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@DISGRUNTLED2018 I'm afraid you join a long list of people with the same complaint. Apart from the fact that O2 already have your money, you can at least request they refund you whatever extra amount you had to pay for next day delivery. Live Chat is totally useless. Lodge a complaint via the link provided, and also call customer services on 202 from your current phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

DISGRUNTLED2018
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope that just takes you to a page with the same numbers and means of contact.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Those are the only means of contact http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

DISGRUNTLED2018
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I was supposed to get a call this morning scheduled at 9am to get my number switched over. This was on the basis that my phone should have arrived by then.

Ha! OF COURSE IT DIDN'T!

3 more calls later I'm nowhere. They have no idea where the delivery is. I can't cancel and start over because they can't refund my £159 deposit until they have found the phone they have lost and if I place a new order that's another mark on my credit history, another £159 deposit and I have absolutely no faith that I will get that phone anyway.

THIS IS THE MOST PAINFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED. O2 ARE DREADFUL, IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT JOINING, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2 maybe you could step in to help?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @DISGRUNTLED2018, sorry to hear about your poor experience with this. 😞 Have you made any progress since you last posted? If not, happy to look into this for you in case we can help on our end! I'll need a few additional details for this so I'm going to drop you a Private Message here on the forum shortly!

Thanks for the tag @MI5

Message 9 of 9