cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network in Birmingham

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else had any problems in the B33 area of Birmingham? Since 18th March 2011 cant make / receive calls or texts or access the internet! O2 dont really want to know!! Just wondered if anyone else has had any issues?
Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
What do you mean by O2 don't want to know?
Have you used the status checker and reported a fault? status.o2.co.uk
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
had no service in b33 since 21/3/11
phoned o2 but getting no help, not happy, had a upgrade to iphone 4, swaped my sim to micro sim, know 3 other people in area with same problem but o2 say there is no fault, what they gonna say tommorrow when there contract is getting #### off.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
What do you mean by O2 don't want to know?
Have you used the status checker and reported a fault? status.o2.co.uk

do you want to pay my phone bill calling the o2 ####, and getting #### off, we will see when you get a problem
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
What a charming person you are to be that rude to someone trying to help! You might find a less caustic attitude will help when solving any problems.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
So what do you suggest 15 phone calls
And still no joy, iv just about had enough
Message 6 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
If you are getting no joy with the usual customer services route and all affected people have complained I would use the complaint review service.
Just go to the support pages and type in complain and you will get all the info you neeed.
Or use the live chat if one pops up when on the support pages.

We are all customers here helping other customers unless the user name ends in @o2 and says site admin.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
So what do you suggest 15 phone calls
And still no joy, iv just about had enough

Why would you make 15 phone calls?
If I had a problem, I would check in the status page and follow the instructions.
I'd phone them and in a friendly and professional way say "I want to report a problem with the network around B33 zxx , I've done some fault finding and this is what leads me to believe it's a network problem:
The problem dissappears when I go out of the area.
The problem effects other people, their numbers are 0765432199 and 0765432198.
I have tried my SIM in another handset.
Please can you report this fault and get one of the network people to call me back to go through any other fault finding"
Then follow there instructions, when the issue is sorted call them back and politely ask for a credit to your account to cover your expenses.
If you don't make any headway then use the complaint procedure in your terms. Alternatively, you can get all stressed and mouth off against someone who tries to help you.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message to prking - I have done all that you have suggested. Been in contact with O2 since 18th March 2011. Reported a fault in my area, been put through to network and they have said that it should be fixed within 72 hours but it hasnt been. I have been nothing but polite to O2 and have even chatted to one of their advisors online who couldnt help and ended the chat on me! Getting increasingly frustrated by their customer service who really do not want to help out at all. We are paying for a service that they are not supplying!
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to let everyone know that I have spoken with O2 yet again today and apparently they only send an engineer out when 10 or more people complain! They sent an engineer out at 2:15 today and it should be fixed within 24 hours! Hopefully it should all be up and running again by tomorrow!
Message 10 of 11