cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G

Anonymous
Not applicable
I travel to Europe a lot, I have never been able to get 4G even now I am in Paris , why? So frustrating even the 3G seems like it's slower than in the UK
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

O2 have no 4G roaming agreements with any country apart from Germany @Anonymous

They are rolling out to other countries but we have no timescale for that...

More info on this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/4G-abroad-in-the-EU-roaming/m-p/1078259/highlight/true#M137597

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I was getting in excess of 20mbps on 3G in France a few weeks ago but your actual speed will always be limited by the area you are in, time of day and the number of people using the same mast as you at the same time.
Point is that 3G speeds are now more than adequate in EU and the arrival of 4G will help with confirm busy areas when it arrives.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

At the moment only EE and Vodafone has 4G roaming agreements in place

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Perhaps O2 didn't get enough time or notice about the new EU roaming legislation nor enough money to implement 4G roaming agreements. Or is there another reason they constantly find themselves lagging behind the other networks in most things these days. 

The failure of the merger with Three seems to be  a substantial reason for many of the issues roaring in like a Hurricane lately. 

Message 5 of 5