Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 4 or Xperia T ??

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Right, I need to ask a question in order to fill out Leonard's survey slight_smile so here's something I've been pondering for some time...

I'm stuck between a Nexus 4 or an Xperia T...

Let's have your thoughts, views, pros & cons etc pls.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I have a Nexus 4 on my desk right now, delivered yesterday no thanks to the inept google ordering system but that's another story. Price wise and buying direct from Google you cannot really find anything better for a new phone so if buying sim free, Nexus 4 it is. Contract wise, I'd find it difficult to justify especially as in that price range, you can get more phone for your money over the term.

As I'm waiting on my microsim to arrive, all I'm going to comment on is the user interface and phone itself. First, the phone is quite slender and I like the size as its not that big in reality. Weight wise, its quite light. Screen quality is excellent and unless you're spending all day in front of it, it is perfectly fine. I'll throw in the killer bit: I have a BB Playbook tablet so HD stuff isn't that important to me as that is better suited to video. I'm not one for camera phones but this seems sufficient for most things.

Now bear in mind that this is my first Android, the UI isn't what I call friendly on first impressions. Yes, I can see its configurable but only after a bit of fiddling do I see the benefits. I'll persevere as its going to be one of my phones for the next 2-3 years!

What really did impress me was the Google voice search. Lots of fun wink  Google maps looking clear and good but I'll probably go for copilot eventually as offline mapping is more important to me as data reception is never consistent along the routes I travel.

Message 2 of 3

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So much for the sim swap process "yeah thanks for expiring the code the second I get it o2"...try again tomorrow Smiley Mad

Just discovered ES File explorer and that it can link directly to my Playbook. Hmm basic media server serving multiple devices....3 so far and the Playbook isn't even breaking sweat!

Message 3 of 3