Did you mean: 

New polls feature!

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

As we mentioned here last month, while we are waiting for the homepage feedback to be reviewed further, there were a few minor things we are working on improving, fixing, or enabling.

One of these new things is now available, which means we are able to use a side-board widget to create polls! These polls can be board-specific, or display across all boards on the community. We are planning on using them to get your input on different things, get an idea of your sentiment towards possible changes, activities, off-topic or O2/tech related ideas. A big advantage of polls is that it can help newer members who mainly read and browse take their first steps in the community and start engaging with us all very easily slight_smile

To kick this off, I created a test poll on the discussions & feedback board, and I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this feature. If you have any ideas on fun (or serious) polls you'd like us to try out, let us know in the comments as well!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25352 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great idea @EmilieT 

I`ve found [thanks @MI5 ] the test and voted.

Will members be able to add a poll to any topic or thread?

For example, a poll could be supplimentary to a discussion in Off Topic, with members invited to vote on a choice of options and/or opinions, which, in turn, could add to the discussion #just thinking# 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 33

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Nope didn't find it lol
Message 12 of 33

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Not showing on mobile view
Message 13 of 33

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@@

@pgn @jonsie I hadn't spotted that it was only visible in Full view on mobile - I'm checking if it can easily be fixed and will let you guys know when I have more info. Thanks for the feedback!

@EmilieT - @Should I wait until the poll is visible in Mobile View before using my Vote...?

Message 14 of 33

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo I'm glad you like the feature so far! Unfortunately it can only be setup in the backend, so only the community team can create a side-board poll. That being said, as I mentioned, we're very open to suggestions for how to use the feature so if you're thinking of a topic that could benefit from a poll, or would like to bring up some suggestions, feel free to share them here or via PM slight_smile

@liggerz87 @jonsie @pgn The polls should be showing in mobile view from sometime tomorrow morning, I'll confirm on this thread once I know for sure!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 15 of 33

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@pgn @jonsie @liggerz87  (and everyone else of course)

A quick one to confirm the polls are now be visible on mobile view - for reference I checked on Chrome on my iPhone 7 so in case you have any trouble on any other devices/browser, let me know please slight_smile

signature

Message 16 of 33

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

Looks good now, Vote and Change Vote both work on Mobile view, AndroidP/Chrome. 

More info

Screenshot_20190717-102822.jpg 
Message 17 of 33

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Awesome, thanks for checking @pgn smiley

signature

Message 18 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

All good here too Hero

This has taken only a few days to rectify. Would it be too presumptou to ask when are they going to fix the stoopid header? Now that would be good Good Idea

Message 19 of 33

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Nope can't find it and even clicked mi5 link and nothing
Message 20 of 33