Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New or refurbished tablet -sim card- needs bluetooth and photo facility

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi      I was recommended a Samsung Galaxy a few months ago as replacement to CEX tablet approx 6 ''. My tablet has hung on til now but is waning . I havent found a Galaxy smaller than 10''. Any suggsetions

Tablet or large phone

Needed       6'' ish  handbag size for using as phone , large screen also -    Refurb considered for price

O2,   bluetooth for hearing aid and telephone calls,  photo (with editing maybe). facility to down load photos to laptop.  Messages

Not used for documents

Some surfing the internet but buying, banking etc done via desktop, Apps are needed these days so may need to change to apps

Many thanks .

Older person 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Looking at Lenovo 7" and Acer similar , any thoughts. Would all android tablets provide bluetooth ?

Message 2 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Jenny105 Google is your friend: Google

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 13

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

O2 shop tell me I cant use the Leno Android for 3- 4yrs as a phone. Sticker a with 02 symbol was recommended to me .  Until now Ive had  Free messages, free calls 500 GB.  

Are there any devices and companies that will allow a deaf person to use a tablet with bluetooth for calls as well as wifi.

Message 4 of 13

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Something wrong with the above apologies . The last line is the question . I gather they are called cellular tablets 

Message 5 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Jenny105 

Found this on Amazon Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019, WiFi + Cellular) 32GB, 5100mAh Battery, 4G LTE Tablet & Phone (Make...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for this. I think I have decide whether to have a tablet the size i want the bag . Or new bigger bag  . Or no tablet. Or just a phone with hearing function / bluetooth  and a larger screen , as Amplicomms used to do. 

Message 7 of 13

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I contacted RNID yester where i learned about phablet s . Phone with tablet / larger screen than normal phone. OK for hearing with bluetooth.   

I found this on ebay  XGODY Android Smartphone 6.6 Inch Unlocked Mobile Smart Phone Dual SIM 4Core New | eBay    Dont know the make ??  But looks possible even if only for a few years 

Does the description look viable . Needed phone. Sim . Bluetooth . TEXT   messages . Wi fi for whats app, U Tube, (simple word games   . jigsaw puzzles ) can do without latter and U tube. APPS.   SEARCH facility. Camera, photo store- short store for download .................. NO films, Games ,No documenta

the price is cheap but if ok for 2 - 3 years thats ok. to keep me in touch with home and medic. Maybe speech to text 

I only need this for

Message 8 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Very low specs and questionable build quality.

Wouldn't be my choice tbh @Jenny105 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for tbh. I'm not sure it has a battery included ! (noticed on an amazon ad ).  I'll have to settle for a phone with large screen , bluetooth, battery , and some wifi I'd be happy. I use my PC at home mostly with whats app . Its only when out, especially walking my assistance dog on the hills, I need to be in contact with family, 999 facility , doctor and a bit of wifi 

Message 10 of 13