Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New look

ianjohnson
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just had to post and say that i think the new look to the web site is the bees knees.

It looks great and it's easier to navigate.

Keep up the good work.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ianjohnson I will tag community admin @Marjo and @EmilieT so they see your comment, but if you take a look at this thread you will see you're in the minority at present: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Where-Is-Everybody/m-p/1198467

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

ianjohnson
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Minority or not, i like the new layout very much.

Easier and quicker to find what i need.

Maybe everyone else are up in arms because they don't like changes.

Everyting changes in life, people just have to live with it.

The new site look and layout is GREAT !!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ianjohnson

It's nothing to do with not liking change. I embrace and welcome it... IF it is an improvement.

I have been a member of this forum for 6 years and can tell you categorically this new layout is NOT an improvement for those who use it regularly.

Anything which takes 3 times as long to achieve isn't an improvement

I am pleased you like it and as has been said before, it probably is better for new members.

There is a very old saying 'If it ain't broke, it doesn't need fixing' wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm also glad you like the changes @ianjohnson. But like @Cleoriff and @Bambino, as a regular member of 2 1/2 years I don't.

As has been said the changes are probably better for new members but are a nightmare for the regulars. Not because we don't like change but because it takes us 3 times as long to do what we do best, helping new members! And that isn't a good thing.

But then, as has also been said, new members and regulars don't use the forum or post in the same way.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 12

ianjohnson
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well i'm NOT a new member.

I compared the old look to this new one and it's a VAST improvement.

The layout took me seconds to find where i wanted to be on the site.

Perhjaps people have gotten too used to where links were placed on the old site and just need to "re-educate" their minds as to where the new links are placed.

I for one think the site is perfect as it is now, hopefully all the moaning will stop, as will the new layout.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ianjohnson

You have made 13 posts and joined in Nov 2018. (3 months ago)

You are entitled to your opinion obviously, though as the vast majority of the more long standing members disagree with you , then you are certainly in the minority.

You also have to remember that the 'regular posters' are here to answer questions to help new members.

At the moment you aren't doing that, therefore you have absolutely no idea where to find the responses you need to answer the most basic of questions posed.

If something takes 3 clicks to find something, when before it only took one, then it's not an improvement at all.

Again, I am pleased you find it easy.

However, MY brain doesn't need any re-education to tell me it takes twice as long NOW to respond to someone, providing all the links needed, in order to give someone the correct answer.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

ianjohnson
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

All i can say is that if a "newbie" like me can find their way around the new look site, then what does that say for all the "older" members who have used it for ages ?

All it takes is a little effort to remember the locations of new link buttons etc, lets face it, it's not rocket science is it.

Message 8 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@ianjohnson you continue to miss the point @Cleoriff and I are making.

You can find your way around the new look site and we're pleased for you. But as has been said you are not using the site the way we do. 

Obviously, the site won't go back the way it was. And, of course you are entitled to your opinion as are we.

Depending what you are looking for will determine how easy it is to navigate. 

You like the new look site, us regulars don't. Clearly, that's not going to change. So be it.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 12

ianjohnson
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So why not leave instead of moaning about the new look ?

If you choose to stay you will get used to it and think nothing more of it.

And just as a foot note.

I joined this site many years ago using a differnet name,i lost my log in details so had to sign up under a different name and email address as my origional info could not be found either by me or the site admin.

Message 10 of 12