Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help and advice

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Upgraded yesterday a Samsung galaxy s8 plus yesterday by phoning o2.I was offered a really good deal.or so I thought.collected it at a local store and everything was fine.Or so I thought.I never got any info about the contract,so I called o2 customer services.i asked why is the deal not a refresh and they said they offer other deals.i was surprised cause I thought o2 only do refresh.I know I'm partly to Blaine cause I should of realised or mentioned.Went back to the store and I returned the phone.the store told me that it would take 7 days to return.So I was pretty annoyed and I contacted o2.they said no you have been given the wrong information.its 24 hours.I waited and now I've been told by another agent when I called that they can't match the deal I got,I should have never been offered it and O2 only do refresh deals.plus they want more money for the upfront payment for the phone.Was also told that I would have to wait another few days before I can upgrade.Everyone I speak to is giving me different info.im totally annoyed and I'm thinking of going elsewhere cause it's like Russian roulette who I get put through to.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charlieboyoo O2 only do Refresh tariffs directly. Did you take out the contract initially at CPW or another independent? The wait to upgrade Is usually 24-48 hours after the phone has been scanned in & cancelled 

Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You might want to think about making a complaint. There is no excuse for offering a deal then being told you shouldn't have been offered it. The wait though is normal as it can take a week before the return is scanned back into stock. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well that's a mess. Who was it you spoke to that offered you the deal?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Charlieboyoo,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. As you know, the O2 community is a group of customers like you, happy to answer questions, discuss O2 or chat about any related topic, but we are not Customer Service.

Please make sure to follow their advice if you’re unhappy with how your issue has been handled by O2 and let us know how it goes Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 9

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Thanks for the help and advice.an o2 representative contacted me and helped me out.Then the complaints review team contacted me today and apologised and resolved everything.Pretty pleased slight_smile
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Great news  @Charlieboyoo!!!

We are here to help. We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 9 of 9