NO SERVICE - AGAIN

NOTHAPPY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI,

I AM AT MY WITS END!!

GOING ON 2 WEEKS NOW, I HAVE HAD INTERRUPTED SERVICE, NO SERVICE, DROPPED CALLS.

O2 HAVE SAID THEY DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM IN MY AREA, THEN THEY FOUND A PROBLEM, THEN THEY FIXED THE PROBLEM.  

IT IS NOT FIXED.  NOT ONLY HAVE I NOT HAD SERVICE, ALL DAY TODAY, AT ALL, BUT TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, WHEN I DO GET A SIGNAL, WITH NO BARS, THUS THE REPEATED DROPPED CALLS, MY PHONE SAYS THAT I AM ROAMING AND SHOWS UP AS:  O2/UK O2/IRE?

I AM NOT IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND??

MY HEART IS BROKEN.  I HAD THE ISSUE RAISED TO AN OFFICIAL REPORT, AND I HAVE A LONG REFERENCE NUMBER, BUT NOONE HAS CONTACTED ME FROM O2.  I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL THAT THE FAULT WAS DISCOVERED AND FIXED.

I AM DISABLED.  I GOT CUT OFF WHEN I WAS ABLE TO SPEAK TO THE PHARMACY YESTERDAY FOR A MINUTE.  IT TOOK ME AGES TO GET THEM BACK.  TODAY, THERE IS NO SIGNAL AT ALL.

WHAT CAN I DO?  I AM WEARY FROM THIS.  

WILL CHANGING TO BT HELP?

THANK YOU,

SUSAN

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry you're having so many problems @NOTHAPPY, but there's little any of us here can do. It would only be a guess as to whether switching providers would help, but if you're disabled and need constant telephone contact, I would think a land line would be your best option.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Can you try switching the phone to 2g only?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

NOTHAPPY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY.  I HAVE AN OLD FLIP-PHONE, NOT A SMART PHONE.  MAYBE THIS IS THE PROBLEM?  I HAD PERFECT SERVICE UNTIL 2WEEKS AGO.  SOMETHING HAPPENED THEN.  O2 HAVE COMPLETELY DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS.  REALLY SURPRISED AT THEM.  WONDERING IF BT BETTER.  I HAVE BROADBAND WITH THEM.

Message 4 of 14

NOTHAPPY
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING. 

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope it all gets resolved for you but O2 will not call you. Have you got anyone that can pick up another O2 SIM card for you to try incase it’s the phone & not the sim?
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What phone do you have ie make and model?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@NOTHAPPY

I note on this thread you were looking to buy a new phone https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/new-phone/m-p/1158062#M157809

Did you manage to get that or are you still using your old one?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

NOTHAPPY
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

JUST ORDERED A NEW PHONE.  GONNA TRY THAT.

MY MOM, LIVES 5 MINUTES DRIVE FROM ME, SHE HAS VERY BAD SERVICE TOO.  WE AR CLOSE TO THE BORDER WITH THE REP. OF IRELAND, AND THERE HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTION DONE RECENTLY.  SOMETHING HAPPENED TO INTERRUPT THE SERVICE.  I WILL ASK O2 FOR ANOTHER SIM.

AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS smiling

Message 10 of 14