Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money taken from me

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I placed a order for a phone. Upfront fee was £59.99. I went through with my details etc and wasn't accepted yet the £59.99 was still taken from my account? Why take my money when I've not been accepted? When will I get this back please?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
It will just be held in reserve. If the order fails it won't be called from your bank and will be released off hold in a couple of days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
It will just be held in reserve. If the order fails it won't be called from your bank and will be released off hold in a couple of days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. Still stupid that they take my money before I've even made the order.
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
I guess they need to know you're good for it first?
Message 4 of 12

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3326 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

You haven't placed an order for a phone. You've asked for a credit agreement for a contract that includes a phone on the same basis you want to take a loan out to purchase a product. Given its a weekend, it won't be processed till the next working day (which will monday) especially if you do it online with required credit checks and its your first one with o2. Think of it as deposit.

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

....but they haven't actually taken the money, it will be available again in your funds in 4-5 days.

Message 6 of 12

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie, the money isn't in my bank so they have currently taken it.

Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Thanks.  If you say so wink

Blimey @jonsie. Perhaps folk don't realise you worked in a bank for years...so actually do know what you are talking about? tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

No problem for me whatsoever. I've been called far worse by far superior intelligence. 

Message 10 of 12