cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misinformed when took out contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before i ordered my phone online i asked the advisor i was speaking to to find out if i get a notification or an alert when i get close to my minutes allowance, i even saved the transcript of the conversation, he said yes you do get an alert or a notification. O2 then allowed me to go well over my allowance without prior alert or notice, i then went online to complain, i spoke to an advisor who informed me i was "misinformed" and it would be dealt with accordingly but half through our conversation he "conveniently" had technical issues, so another advisor came online with me and was about as much use a chocolate fire guard, who then told me its not o2's policy to alert or notify me when im close to my minutes allowance, talk about serious misinformation and truely abmissal customer services, i will soon be paying off my contract and going to a provider who looks after its customers. I ve been with o2 for years as a pay as you go customer and never had any problems, as soon as i become a pay monthly customer it seems to give them a right to treat me differently. Stay away from a company that doesnt look after its customers and gives out false information!!!!!. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Feel free to send me a PM with the link below and we can have a chat to make sure that misinformation does not continue.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/60444

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 have never given out alerts when getting close to minutes or texts allowances. They do for data but expect people who are mature enough to have a contract are also responsible enough to be aware of their usage. There are many ways to keep a daily check on remaining allowances. My O2, texting BALANCE to 21202, customer service etc.

Giving out incorrect information though is completely unacceptable.

Some networks may send alerts and some do allow you to cap your minutes and texts to prevent you going over though O2 have never implemented it.

Message 2 of 8

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Feel free to send me a PM with the link below and we can have a chat to make sure that misinformation does not continue.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/60444

Get involved:

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's easy for us to be critical of people who are not showing responsibility for their own usage...it is completely different  if they have been misinformed by O2.

I hope if the OP has kept the transcript of this conversation, steps can be taken to reimburse them...and definitely have a 'little word' with the advisor involved slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I'll get to the bottom of it guys. If anyone has been unfortunately misinformed, I'll raise it with the rest of the team

@Anonymous , send me a message whenever it is convenient and we'll have a chat slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 6 of 8

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Surely a modicum of common sense comes into it....?

It certainly does. It's like when I stay at a hotel, ask the receptionist whether they can wake me up at 6AM and get a "sure, no probs, will definitely do" response. Any mature person with a bit of common sense would probably set an alarm on his phone, his tablet and also buy an alarm clock from a convenience store accross the road, just in case, but I've decided to ask at the hotel reception instead, why not? And as far as my relatonship with the hotel goes, they should  provide me with a 100% accurate information on their services - what's available and what isn't.

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I never trust hotel receptionists for early morning calls. One let me down very badly and I missed a plane because of it. Sadly I had to rely on them as I had no other means, at the time, to set any alarm myself...Smiley Mad

That aside, I am used to looking after my own affairs and rarely rely on anyone else. Madam Independent LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8