Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Just thought I would put this out there. 2 days ago I upgraded from my Lumia 735 to the 950. My 735 was running Windows 10 as are all my windows devices so I am a bit of a fan and very used to it. I have read many posts on various review sites etc saying that the 950 isnt all that good compared to Apple or IOS. I have to say that so far I have found it to be very good and in some ways better than my 735. It certainly has a better screen, doesnt suffer from the 735's ever fluctuating screen brightnes, is fast and the screen flows nicely with no stutter and evrything just works as I would expct it to. Particularly like th Iris scanning to unlock. V cool once you've got it all set up which I have to admit took a while! As I already have a One drive account all of my contacts, photos, music, settings all downloaded into the new phone in minutes making the set up a piece of cake. For anyone that has ben put off the 950 by the bad reviews dont be. Most off the reviews I've read were done in Nov/Dec last year before the firmaware update and current windows 10 update in the phone(im on the insider program and am running an even later update on my Windows tablet)

I have had both Android and IOS in the past before my 735 and to be quite honest in my opinion are no better and in some ways not as good as windows. Windows 10 is very good. OK there are not as many apps in the Windows app store but then ITunes and Google Play is full of apps that most of us will never need, use or even search for, so I cannot see what all the fuss is about. OK there are some social networking apps that you cannot get in Windows store but all the main ones are there and lets be frank how many social networks can you be a part of. Even BBC I player is now available for win.10.  So all in all I'm glad i didnt take much notice of the reviews as I have a rather good new 'phone that works well and does everything I need and want and more. It even has a good camerafor those occasional quick photos. Go on have a look at it you wont be disapointed

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for this @jezza1234 Great to have an independent opinion. Enjoy your phone wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I must admit I really do love my 950. When I first got it, it was buggy put after several updates its great.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I've always said the same about windows phones - people just need to try them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it has had mixed reviews, but I'm more than happy with mine. Once I'd taken the decision to return to Windows it was only a matter of time before I bought the mobile version, and the two devices (phone and tablet) complement each other perfectly. No more of the compatibility issues or problems with formatting, that I used to put up with when trying to access files that I'd created on iOS or Android. It's fairly slick in operation, and the display is easily the best that I've used.

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been tempted before but maybe I'll test one out sooner or later 

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they have one on Try The Tech, check the list?

I love my 950 just deciding wether I should get the Microsoft Band 2 to comliment it.

Message 7 of 21

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well my original 950 was found and handed into the police. I was contacted about going to collect it, but it technically doesn't belong to me now as I made an insurance claim. I have got in touch to say the police found it, but I was told they have no interest making arrangements to collect the device. If you really wanted to try one, and don't get one via try the tech, I could contact the boys in blue and ask to collect it and post down for you to try. Though, I have a feeling the IMEI will be blocked.
Message 8 of 21

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they have one on Try The Tech, check the list?

I love my 950 just deciding wether I should get the Microsoft Band 2 to comliment it.

Yes.... im still on the band one, and its grown on me over time.

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been tempted before but maybe I'll test one out sooner or later 

I described mine as being fairly slick, because at the moment it's not as silky smooth as I remember iOS being. But it seems to be improving with every update, and there are enough cool features in Windows 10, that you can forgive a little bugginess (did I just make that word up? Smiley Very Happy).

And the lack of apps could also be a deal-breaker depending on how you use your phone, but again hopefully Microsoft are bringing more developers on board (my glass is half full :smileywink:).

Message 10 of 21