Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost very important phonecall

Michael10071989
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The network went down today, when I was in a very important phone call, it was off for a long time and when it did come back on no apology or small compensation no help from 02
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael10071989 wrote:
The network went down today, when I was in a very important phone call, it was off for a long time and when it did come back on no apology or small compensation no help from 02

Did you bother to contact them for an apology? Or did you expect them to ring you... you and every other customer who was affected... if so, expect a call sometime next month...

Go on.. give em a call.. take a load off... 

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You won't get compensation for such an outage. I don't deny your call was important but all calls are important to people. If this was a business call or not, O2 only have your word for it being lost business, we can all say that. I do wonder why (some) people operate a business with no backup for just such a breakdown of the network.

I'm fairly confident however that you will get an apology from whoever you speak to or write to at O2.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Michael10071989 Every network has outages. It's not an exact science. Things break down. Apart from anything else, it's in the Terms & Conditions that they don't guarantee 100% up time. No network would do that. If you scroll down you will see that many people were unhappy about the outage today, and that's only a handful of the millions who were probably affected. You'll get an apology if you call customer service, but don't expect compensation. That probably won't happen.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

Why does everyone expect compensation for a 40 minute network outage... if o2 did offer you compensation for loss of service it would be 0.0173p per minute so you are looking at approx 7p compensation... 

If you are that desperate i would start MCOL proceedings against o2 for the 7p 

As has been no network guarantee's 100% SLA for that matter no tech company does either they offer 99.997 or 99.5% 

If the call was that important then maybe you would have been better using a landline??

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5