cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Loss Of Service' Damaged Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry if this has been asked previously, I viewed a couple of threads but they were mainly relating to mast issues which luckily, I've never had with 02 in my 10 years with them.

I recently damaged my phone(no screen display) and thankfully, I had the free insurance with my tariff. Due to work commitments, it was about a week or two before I could have it collected and it was quickly replaced within 7 days.

Will I be expected to pay for the days that I couldn't use my handset and inclusive allowances or will they be able to issue some form of loss of service credit if contact them? Tried the online chat but for the first time ever it was busy and customer services is currently closed so thought this might save an unnecessary call if someone knows it's covered in the T&C's from previous experiences.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! 🙂
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You will be expected to pay the full amount for the month for the following reasons:
1 - Damage was not a result of O2's negligence.
2 - Your sim card was still functioning and able to have been used in another device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2