cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looked into changing Tariff and what I was offered makes no sense!

Hdavey17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Currently pay £18.72 pm and get 3gb of data + 3gb data bolt on. 500 minutes & 500 txts. Never need extra minutes or texts so not an issue. However some months I need a bolt on for data. It’s quite expensive, so thought I’d look into changing my tariff.

I’ve been offered 5gb of data for £22 pm. It doesn’t take an expert to work out that they are offering me less data , but charging me more.

Can anybody make any sense of this at all, because I think it’s absolute bonkers?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Your previous one must have been on a deal.
I'd hang on for the next deals to appear.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Hdavey17
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think that is a ridiculous alternative to even suggest to me. I’ve been an O2 customer for over 13 years now but I’m slowly learning that customer loyalty is meaningless nowadays.

With all the competition on offer nowadays you would think they would up their game.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Just trying to be helpful. They often have deals and most of us just wait for one that suits us.
Sorry you think it's ridiculous but as I cannot do anymore for you, I'll just wish you good luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Hdavey17 wrote:
I think that is a ridiculous alternative to even suggest to me. I’ve been an O2 customer for over 13 years now but I’m slowly learning that customer loyalty is meaningless nowadays.

With all the competition on offer nowadays you would think they would up their game.

It's not ridiculous @Hdavey17, it's a suggestion.

As you say, there is no loyalty with O2 and I've been with them longer than you. I always wait for deals with my sim only plan and have never paid full price yet.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Hdavey17
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry, I wasn’t verbally attacking you, I appreciate the reply. It just seems a silly response. I ask for a tariff with more data allowance, they offer one with less.

Who would actually agree to this tariff change?

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Ah yes, I see what you mean now.
But you'll definitely get a better deal if you hang on for the offers.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Hdavey17 wrote:

It's not ridiculous @Hdavey17, it's a suggestion.

As you say, there is no loyalty with O2 and I've been with them longer than you. I always wait for deals with my sim only plan and have never paid full price yet.

So when do they normally give you these offers? And how?

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

They normally have some sort of sale in the summer and December. 

I am SIM only 12 month plan and upgrade when the offers are on. The good thing is, if I don't choose to upgrade my payments just keep rolling on every month until a sale comes round wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

They normally have some sort of sale in the summer and December. 

I am SIM only 12 month plan and upgrade when the offers are on. The good thing is, if I don't choose to upgrade my payments just keep rolling on every month until a sale comes round wink

Good to know! Thanks!

Message 10 of 10