cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liars.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a snippet of an online chat transcript.

Tracey: Thank you. And just to confirm, you are sure that the college street store in Rotherham has the iPhone 5 16gb in black in stock?
Victor: Yes Tracey we do have the iphone 5 in our stock.
Victor: Please do not worry about it.
Victor: They'll offer you handset.
Tracey: Your answer seems very generic victor. I'm not exactly confident that what you are saying is correct
Victor: I've checked the stock for you and we do have the stock for iphone 5 16,32 and 64 GB.
Tracey: How many do they have?
Victor: We do have sufficient stock this time.
Victor: You'll get the iphone 5 now Tracey

So victor assures me the phones in stock, I cancel my order and guess what? No stock. Furious and fed up with O2 and their lies. I've sent this to ofcom. And I will be making a formal complaint too.
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's unfortunate you haven't been able to secure a handset yet, but a couple of things spring to mind after reading that:

Is it not possible that the store sold out before you managed to visit?

Why did you not call the store yourself and check stock?

Yes, I know the 'Guru' should have been able to tell you as well (and for all intents and purposes they did) but they aren't exactly, shall we say, local, so might not have first hand information available that you would have had had you called the store directly.

Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

also it might be worth trying different stores, my neighbor managed to get a handset yesterday after cancelling his pre-order

Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

For 'Guru', read 'random person with a keyboard and a mouse to click generic answer'

Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure they speak very highly of you, too Smiley Embarassed

No, they aren't the most accurate of information providers and no, they don't necessarily give the same answer every time, but that's not really a reason for name calling, is it?

Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rang the store 2 minutes after that chat. The advisor told me he had rang them.
Message 6 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I rang the store 2 minutes after that chat. The advisor told me he had rang them.

So you rang the store and they told you they didn't have stock?

Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, thats just wrong then, O2 have this major problem at the moment with constant lies being told to its customers.

So have you been left with no hope of a phone at all i.e cancelled your order?

Message 8 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DarkShadow, after the last few days I'm sure they despise me.

Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually it gets worse. Although better for me, due to his incompetence it would seem he didn't even cancel my order, unless it's not updated yet.
Message 10 of 32