Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOGGING-IN: ISSUES

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Here's some info which AFAICS has not been communicated to users effectively (from email dated 31-10-2012): 

jimthing0 wrote:

Leonard, can you please sort out the login issues on the O2 site (or at the very least, on the forums!), as it's driving me (and I'm sure loads of other users) absolutely nuts. 

Issues: 

1) I have to login several times a day, just to post a quick reply to anything. This is very stupid and annoying to users — as seriously expecting users to have to re-login every half an hour (I kid you not, it is around 30 mins offsite, before then forced to re-login!) if they haven't been on the site makes them not bother to post eventually. 

2) Re-login means having to enter my FULL email address everytime (rather than my username, as we used to be allowed), along with my password: why? 

3) More poigniently, the above details have to be entered in full every time, as the site does not have a "remember login name" function for that section, compared to nearly all other sites that have a tick-box to remember it (even all my banks have it!). And autocomplete computer functions do not work on thoe login boxes either. 

Can you get this sorted out ASAP, as it's driving us all insane. 

Yours, J 

I have listed this in every forum so ALL users can see the current O2 mods stance on the log-in issues, as it is very important info for every O2 Community forum user to be aware of —regardless of which of the several O2 forums they may follow on here— as the log-in issues have not been advertised to all users. 

Hope this helps you, when you're patiently wondering why you have to logging-in for the umpteenth time in 24 hours. 😉  

MOD EDIT: Subject title edited

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Surely one post is enough, spamming the forum just spoils it for others! Smiley Frustrated

You've just lost any sympathy you may have had for your point.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 21

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I thought My Laptop had broke or I really do need to go to Opticians.

Ill pm Leonard or Toby to get others removed or were going to get things confused.

Please, one post is enough. We share the frustration. but lets keep the forum nice and tidy.

Remember I like things to be organised lol

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

All flagged now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I totally agree with your point but why post in every section of the community?Smiley Frustrated

I flagged them earlier! Not sure people should be posting PMs on the main pages either!

Message 5 of 21

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I don't think you regulars realise that many users just follow ONE of the separate forums (I tend to just use the "Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.)" one generally). 

Please think of how other non-cross-platfrom users use the forums, not just your own cross-forum usage. 

Hence my posting of the log-in issue across forums, so EVERYONE can gain some understanding of what's currently going on, and not just a select few on one forum – ie. done for the gain of the many, not the few. 

I haven't seen anyone else drive through this issue on here amongst all the postings, so at some stage someone has to finally stand up and articulate such issues for the benefit of everyone else. 

Tell me who around here isn't fed-up with having to log-in with full details each and every 30 mins. 

Message 6 of 21

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

it has been discussed to death and leonard has posted this in one of the discussions http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-Community/m-p/338802#M26385

Cross posting is very bad form please delete all that have no replies and yes all flagged to the mods

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 21

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Thing is, it has been flagged as an issue even during the beta so I believe every one of the regulars have mentioned it at some point. In o2's defence the plus point has been the security and zero spam since Lithium which had been the biggest gripe.

It's not an easy process to get things changed within a live environment as there are many levels of change management to go through. That isn't an overnight action as if it goes wrong   there would be bigger problems. 

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spamming the forum may be a little foolish.
Also posting someone's PM without consent and asking for "Kudos" in your sig is not the thing to do.

Message 9 of 21

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What are you trying to achieve here?

Autologin is a security issue we've already discussed at length.

If lithium are resisting it will take time to push it through you cannot expect an overnight solution.

Toby and Leonard are great at what they do but you've got to realise they are staff at the end of the day. They can't snap their fingers and the CEOS jump on the problem.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 10 of 21