Did you mean: 

LIVE CHAT - what is it for

Tellervo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering whether anyone else has had the following experience with Live Chat:

I always find the Live Chat agents very friendly and professional but they don't seem to have the authority to actually solve any problems, so going on Live Chat feels like a huge waste of time and I am always left feeling even more frustrated than I was before live chat.. Usually, this is what happens (this is what happened tonight and many on many other occassions):

I will contact O2 via phone and because I can only call in the evening, an automatic message tells me to call in the morning. 

So, I log onto Live Chat and sometimes have to wait a while for an agent to become available.

They will ask me to verify all my details.

They will ask me what they can help me with today.

I will explain the whole thing.

They will put me on hold to look at my account and then ask me to call a number which I already had anyway but couldn't get through to which is why I logged into live chat. Almost every single time I go on Live Chat, no matter the query, I have a similar experience and I am left so frustrated because it feels like my time has been wasted for nothing.

So I am just wondering, what is live chat actually for?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They are just a stop gap until the bots take over.....

Seriously, anything that needs changing, crediting, sending or claiming then phone 202 or 4445

Anything simple then you can try live chat but I couldnt gree to guarantee that any information they give you is actually factual But if you just want a general chat.....get a dog wink

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Live chat are ok with the most basic queries. Anything more than that... then ALWAYS use customer services @Tellervo

On more than one occasion live chat have referred customers to this forum!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Wave @Tellervo and Welcome to O2 Community Forum...! Where Frustrations  are no longer a problem...! smiling

In my point of view, Live Chat are design for new O2 Prospect Customers only... O2 customers should refer to as @jonsie suggested and O2 Community...

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 4 of 4