cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joggler Screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why doesn't it dim? I bought one and replaced my alarm clock with it (reasonable, no?) as it includes a digital screensaver. I had to put it face down last night on its lowest brightness as I couldn't sleep. I'm aware that it dims after an hour but surely it would be more effective to introduce an auto dim feature after a certain time or have the facility to set this manually?

I like the Joggler but I can't help but feel frustrated that a basic aspect of the software such as this has been left out.

Thoughts?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It needs an option to turn off the backlight completely after a few minutes (not just dimmed, and not after hours). As it is you just can't use it in the bedroom if you actually want to sleep!

On a similar subject, I wanted to use mine as an alarm clock as well but I noticed that when the alarm goes off you only get the choice to either set the alarm to snooze for a few minutes or turn it off all together. What about having a daily alarm which can be dismissed when it goes off but come on again the next day, rather than having to manually set it each day.

And being able to link the alarm to the internet radio would be pretty nice, but one thing at a time. O2, please get the basics right first!

I'm sure they want to get the app store up and running properly first but if I can't use the Joggler in the way I want it's going in the cupboard where I won't be using it or the app store.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that O2 have reduced the price of the Joggler, I would expect it to be more widely purchased. If this is the case, they may well repeat the survey they did last Summer to existing users where they asked for feedback on the current system as well as comment of what features people would like in the future.

Much of what I was hoping for has already been implemented, the big one I am still hoping on (and one which they said is under consideration) is sync integration with Microsoft Outlook for the Calendar.

If they do repeat the previous survey and enough people ask for the same things, it may happen.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too purchased this to use as an alarm clock and am thoroughly disappointed.

The tablet doesn't even give an option to show the clock while using picture slideshow! :womanindifferent:

An option to turn the screen off after a selected time is utterly necessary if used in the bedroom Smiley Mad

Adding 70 pictures to it's internal memory without a 'Select All' button was a real PITA :robotmad:
Message 4 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
There are new apps coming according to O2 Litmus, and they are looking for ideas to improve it:

http://www.o2litmus.co.uk/tools/device- ... rs/joggler
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that link slight_smile

The page has obviously not been updated for a while - it states that
Shortly we’ll be adding an application store

as the app store has been installed for a few months now and is virtually empty.
Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
The point is they are issuing tools for developers to create and test new apps.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7