Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its true, O2 Recycle is a scam

AndriusL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have sent the item away, and recived reduction from 315 down to 31.5 because it arrived broken. 

I am waiting fo the item to be reurned but that also taakes ages and it seems like it tkes longer to return than time allowed to claim it back with royal mail. Customer service whilst they are polite thay are pourng from emty into botomless buckit, talking alot but actualy saying nothn, nly speaking in general terms. Not helpfull at all. So my experience is this: avoid them at all cost. They will offer you  more grief than anything alese. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes we know unfortunately.
When you get it back, take it to CEX for the best value.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions
I have used them for many years and never had a single problem.
Message 3 of 12

Umiamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Must admit that I've had good results with O2 Recycle. A better price than CeX and Mazuma and a very fast turnaround. CeX were awful - at least 2 weeks before I got my money.

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I know we only see bad feedback here generally but a search of the forum will find much of it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would NEVER use O2 recycle. Having been a member of this forum for 5 years. I have read so many horror stories such as the one posted, I would never use them.

I have also had nothing but good experiences with CEX with tablets etc. My husband took his phone there and got a better price than if he had sold it on Amazon or Ebay

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ve used O2 Recycle a couple times & it was great but the last time was bad so I went to CEX, got top money & my cash same day
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There are so many horror stories on here concerning 'damage' resulting in awful valuations that I would never have the remotest inclination about using them.

Message 8 of 12

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have used the service a number of time without any problems at all.

However, maybe this is because I package the device really well, and also send it recorded delivery.

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@djlukew wrote:

I have used the service a number of time without any problems at all.

However, maybe this is because I package the device really well, and also send it recorded delivery.

So do many others @djlukew so you have been lucky. What we also recommend is that people take pictures of their device and either let O2 Recycle know you have done that...or send copies of the pictures in with the package.

That way, they are unable to claim the device is damaged, when it clearly is not.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12