cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a little misleading on the O2 Roaming?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a text while I am in the USA

"Get all the data, minutes and texts you need while you’re away with O2 Travel. Pay just £1.99 a day in Europe, £3.99 a day in Turkey and £4.99 a day outside Europe. And you’ll only be charged for the days you use it."

The actual terms and conditions when you dig deeper:

"Get all the data, minutes and texts you need while you’re away with O2 Travel. Pay just £1.99 a day in Europe, £3.99 a day in Turkey and £4.99 a day outside Europe. And you’ll only be charged for the days you use it. There’s no upper usage limit on data, but data speeds will vary with usage. For calls and texts a daily cap of 120 minutes and 120 texts applies."

So according to the text, I get all the data, minutes and texts I need for £4.99 a day, but actually I don't, I would have to pay more if I exceed the cap.

I don't believe I will exceed the cap, just think it is misleading...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It does give you a link to the T&C's which everyone some read and be familiar with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah, and once you hit the data speed cap within 5 minutes, anything over will be at a speed so slow, you'll wish you were back on dial up.
Message 3 of 7

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@viridis 5Mins. Your generous lol. I was going to say 5 seconds and the data speed roaming is dialup. Or slower lol

come on o2. Its 2017 now,  lets make o2 roaming work for all.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It will be interesting to see what happens in June......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I know. Can't wait and I will in Dublin in July to see if it made any difference.

o2 roaming is the poorest of all networks with speeds to laugh at.  Even Vodafone table of what all networks offer, just show how bad o2 travel is.  No 4G networks, throttled at 150mb, but there own terms hidden says 50mb, you have to pay for it, when other networks on most tariffs include it.  

This is is the one thing that lets o2 down big time but no doubt rakes them in lots of money when lots of people never look nor question there bill 😳

IMG_0248.PNG

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like its Vodafone then
Message 7 of 7