Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the forum broken again ?

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I can't get rid of Unread posts.....tried under the Options drop down and logged off and on again.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 342
341 REPLIES 341

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Yes you can use them.....but it's not to do with edit or move because these examples have had neither action performed on them. But it is very random and intermittent.

Random but related with admin powers so... wondering if that is the problem!

Thanks @Beenherebefore, I am updating the ticket now! The Lithium guys are totally lost, like me, to be honest. Hopefully, we can find out!

If an admin edits its own posts... not sure if you can tell yum But it is a great idea to check if is related with all admins or only @Marjo ghost

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 71 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

If an admin edits its own posts... not sure if you can tell yum But it is a great idea to check if is related with all admins or only @Marjo ghost

The admin edits show, just as it does for us and also for the Moderators, as a date and time....this one by Marjo shows nothing and it was one of the posts that stayed as unread >>>>

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-to-cancel-tariff-change/m-p/1072815#M136091

But because it is so random and intermittent I can't see how it can be just Admin-related......in fact somewhere in this thread I gave an example of one of my posts not clearing out of unread.

The common denominator is "Unread Posts" and I think the process coding relevant to the change from "unread" to "read" could provide the clue.

Message 72 of 342

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Charges-to-my-account/m-p/1072821#M136099

The latest post appeared once in unread posts but going into the thread, every post easy marked as new. Has this post been moved because normally every 'new' post would appear separately on the unread list. Well it did for me...  

Message 73 of 342

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 74 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Yest again it's one of Marjo's ?
Message 75 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

o2 forum fault 3.jpg

Same for me @jonsie

@MercedesS this is definitely associated with Marjo's profile. Set up a fault thread with just Marjo and  yourself posting in it.....that will prove it one way or the other

Message 76 of 342

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

So please @Beenherebefore, explain to us what the problem is! I didn't know you knew that much about coding sorry! I still don't know you guys that well I guess Cry 

I just want to help you and the rest of users with the same issue!!! And because I can do changes without anyone knowing, I thought that could be it but... because I don't even have the issue... what do I know!!!!

So I really need your help to understand what do you want us to report. But if you keep changing your mind every hour Confused.... I cannot Destroy

I will update the bug with your last suggestion: The common denominator is "Unread Posts" and I think the process coding relevant to the change from "unread" to "read" could provide the clue. But because it is so random and intermittent I can't see how it can be just Admin-related.

If you can find any other reason please let me know so we can tell the engineers to check and fix! Thanks! To be honest I still didn't tell them about @Marjo but if you still think is her... I will do Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 77 of 342

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I did mention Marjo moving posts as the common link for me a few hours ago too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 78 of 342

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @jonsie, can I use your user name too? 

and @Beenherebefore, I am reporting @Marjo right now LOL

Message 79 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I did mention Marjo moving posts as the common link for me a few hours ago too.

Marjo seems to be the common factor but the thread jonsie linked hadn't been moved or edited

this is Marjo's contribution >>>> https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Charges-to-my-account/m-p/1072821#M136099

There must be something in Marjo's profile that has been changed recently which creates a conflict in the Unread to Read process.

Message 80 of 342