Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the forum broken again ?

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I can't get rid of Unread posts.....tried under the Options drop down and logged off and on again.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 342
341 REPLIES 341

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
But you wouldn't know necessarily if they had already been moved before you logged on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Yes, it's not the "new" threads that have been moved to a different section.

I tries several times using the back arrow in Chrome, clicking the "Mark as Read" option and clicking the "Unread Posts" and none of those options cleared the 2 posts mentioned.
Message 32 of 342

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Every time it's happened to me it's because of Marjo moving the post.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
But you wouldn't know necessarily if they had already been moved before you logged on.

When a thread is moved all of the posts in that thread show as "New"

I wasn't seeing that today, in fact the 2 posts mentioned were not even showing as new in the thread but they were showing as Unread on the Unread Posts page

Message 34 of 342

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Single posts can be moved into other threads too.
That was what I was seeing yesterday with the merging of iPhone posts to the main thread.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 ..........now that's strange because I wasn't seeing that in the Megathread.

Since I first reported it in this thread, the problem cleared within 10 -15 minutes and I have only noticed it again this morning

Message 36 of 342

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Sorry guys, but looks like if we move post or topics they became "new again". It is not a bug, that is how the system works Don't know

And remember - we have already informed you all-  that O2 is working on the new responsive design and fixing all the bugs you guys have been reporting, like the home page! Bouncy  So, maybe we will suffer some "turbulence" while yum

NOTE: however, please keep going with CT because I love them heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 37 of 342

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I will repeat !!

This is not posts being re-marked new after they have been moved.

These are new posts which once read from the Unread Posts page are not removed from the Unread list.

Message 38 of 342

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
That ^^^

Currently using:
Message 39 of 342

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

Sorry guys, but looks like if we move post or topics they became "new again". It is not a bug, that is how the system works Don't know

And remember - we have already informed you all-  that O2 is working on the new responsive design and fixing all the bugs you guys have been reporting, like the home page! Bouncy  So, maybe we will suffer some "turbulence" while yum

NOTE: however, please keep going with CT because I love them heart

@MercedesSI am NOT talking about posts which have been moved. I generally know when they have been moved (as I report a lot of them for being in the wrong section) These are posts which initially are seen as unread. I read them....and a couple of times I go back to unread section and they have magically reappeared. Not moved to a new section. It only happens on the odd occasion

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 342