cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

... have a flat screen tv, with Sky, on a ceiling

I ask because my living room tv is a 2nd hand colour portable set ... & ... considering how little time I spend in the best room in the house ... & ... how little time I actually watch tv there ... well I'd relax & watch more of what I want on tv 'whilst in me pit' wink

I don't want to find a tv man or contact Sky just yet 'cos they'd brow-beat me so-to-speak

In addition, as said elsewhere on this forum, I'm after a tablet, because it also would improve my quality of life, like what I've said above, & get me outside my home ... I could go to cpw but I don't want to have them brow-beat me either

Money is a concern ... I don't particularly want something cheap & nasty, just something I can take out, using earphones, whilst eg enjoying a drink outside my home ... any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I don't think a large screen TV on your bedroom ceiling is a great idea. Might be too dangerous and it would cost a lot to make certain it was secure, and there would be trails of long cables as well. Better have a rethink, I think.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124204 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi Jane....A TV on the ceiling ? I wouldn't even consider it. Sounds far too dangerous to me Fear

As for tablets....do you want 7 in or 10in devices? I presume as you have a Windows phone you are looking for a windows tablet?  If so,Techrader have done a round up on what they feel are the best 6

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/windows-8-tablets-release-date-specs-and-pric...

So many to choose from really and many different outlets to buy...(where the price will vary if you compare them )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Bambino & @Cleoriff

as a btw there is not enough wall, in the right place for a wall mounted flat screen tv

the review you pointed me too is a great help Cleo, I can't afford to play with 'the big boys' like on here, & really I don't need an all singing & dancing tablet ... as you so rightly ascertained a Windows 10 tablet is what I'm after

thank you both again

Cat

Message 4 of 26

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Beenherebefore

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spitting feathers here Crazy

have just been on to Sky to ask them to move the Sky box upstairs onto a unit & my tv ... after a long wait I was told the engineer could move the Sky box but not the tv ... I would struggle to get the tv upstairs ... he stupidly asked me if I had any friends or relatives who would help do that, answer is NO  ... & ... the Sky engineer would not be able to connect the tv to the Sky box, so... erm ... how would I know if it is working ... I've been a customer of Sky Broadband for several years & Sky tv much longer

Told the operator Andrew I was shocked at this service

URGH

Message 7 of 26

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

But if you go ahead, to ensure it is safe, you should get somebody who knows what they're doing to fit it.

They would need to locate the ceiling joists. Cables can be hidden within white trunking but the main problem will be the power cable which will need to be extended by quite a lot.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Beenherebefore ... you've hit the nail on the head ... & ... I don't know anyone reliable to do a job like that, my ceilings are lath & plaster

Still fuming about the lack of what Sky can offer ... I even said if you tell me which cable goes where I will do it, then we can test the system, but the operator said NO

Not everyone has people be it family or friends they can call upon to do jobs, & personally I don't like to use people, I'm not that kind of person,

so much for trying slight_frown

Message 9 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But if you go ahead, to ensure it is safe, you should get somebody who knows what they're doing to fit it.

Totally agree with the above! I got my dad to fit mine properly with right brackets, fixings and screws. He then hung off of it to prove it was safe grin

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 26