cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is O2 The Worst Provider You Have Used?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know they are definately the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Firstly the shop mis-sells me a business contract telling me that it is EXACTLY the same as a consumer contract, I asked the usual questions and was assured the only difference was that I would see VAT added seperately to my bill.

I now have such a poor signal in my area that 90% of the time I cannot make or recieve a call even though the website tells me it is a strong signal area (my wifes phone has the same issue and its a different make of phone).  No bother, I will contact the "GURU" for advice I thought, not quite so easy though so I thought I would list my problems publically in a hope to get a response (we shall see).

1.  Business customer services arent open as long as consumer customer services and normal customer services wont even discuss the basics of a Business contract.

2.  TUGO which would have solved my coverage issue isnt available to Business customers (so the shop lied to me about there being no difference then??).

3.  When I spoke to a "GURU" yesterday he wasnt remotely interested in my problem instead insisting it was my phone settings.  Well Mr GURU if this is the case how come my phone works when im in a different area and how come my wifes phone has the same issues.

I am now looking into taking action for the contract initially being mis-sold and the coverage being falsely advertised.

18 years I was with Vodafone without so much as a complaint to Customer Services, I cant wait to leave O2 and go back to them.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you considered using an O2 boost box as a business customer ?
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you would think a GURU would have suggested that but as they havent I have no idea what that is.  I will have a look now, thanks for the advice.

Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

They are only available to business customers.

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/business/boostbox_qsg_guide_standard_v4_lr.pdf

It may help your situation.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/business/boostbox-terms

What is your service saying ref masts in your area ?

http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

It says currently working fine.  The irritating thing is that I did my homework regarding coverage before I took out my contract.

Get TUGO on the business contract and problem solved, or even better still stop mis-selling business contracts to normal consumers as it seems to be a common practice.

Message 5 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Why, as a normal consumer, would you even consider a business contract in the first place ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Why, as a normal consumer, would you even consider a business contract in the first place ?

And why would an O2 shop push it as a good idea rather than a normal contract?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
What homework did you do ?

I suggest to people to try out payg network sims for a few days to get a real world indication on coverage.

I know what you mean about Tugo. Once that's hopefully rolled out to Business Customers the Boost Boxes will possibly become redundant.

As a payg customer I'm unable to use Tugo too although on most days I do get a stable signal right now.
Message 8 of 25

MI5
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

And why would an O2 shop push it as a good idea rather than a normal contract?

Sales targets ??

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 25

jonsie
  • 93346 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

To be honest, after 18 years without a complaint with Vodafone, why change in the first place?

Message 10 of 25