cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone for Existing Customers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been with O2 for around 8 years now and as my contract has been out of date for a few months I thought I would ring through to see about getting the iPhone.

Having spoken to customer services and being wound up enough to be put through to cancellations they say that despite my loyalty they cannot provide me with a better deal than a new O2 customer on the Iphone.

I already pay £35.00 a month but think that £99.00 is quite steep considering I have already paid them thousands of pounds down the years. How come a new customer gets offered exactly the same deal?

This doesn't quite seem right as O2 have always rewarded customers for their loyalty. This was always going to be the case when Apple were allowed to select only 1 vendor to sell their phone.

Unimpressed and have cancelled my contract. The iPhone was a nice to have but the attitude was enough to make me cancel an 8 year relationship with O2...and I needed to rant somewhere about it!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
How come a new customer gets offered exactly the same deal?

And why should a new customer not be given the same deal?
The iPhone has given O2 thousands of new customers, a few O2 customers might leave as a result, will they really be bothered?
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
For years people have been complaining that existing customers seem to get worse deals than new ones. Now it happens - someone complains! grin
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
who's best to complain to though?
email a certain address?
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
How come a new customer gets offered exactly the same deal?

And why should a new customer not be given the same deal?
The iPhone has given O2 thousands of new customers, a few O2 customers might leave as a result, will they really be bothered?

I am with tim to be honest . I think major companies like o2 , orange etc should offer a loyal customer insentive to keep its customers and even that way a new customer will eventually get the perks of been a loyal customer. .
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't forget there are plenty of alternative handsets out there for people who like the principle of the iphone, but just don't like the iphone handset. you could have made enquiries about them instead and retained your loyalty discount.

What is teh iphone really? A touchscreen handset with a decent music player and a decent web browser.
Message 6 of 6