Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Forum Setup

Goliht
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I joined O2 when O2 first started.. I've been a customer for that long. Never used the forums tho, today I got a scam message and thought I'd check it out, turns out it was a scam message, so thought I'd update the forum that I'd gotten the scam today, as last post was a few years ago.

I then got redirected to O2 website.. this one.  Asked to login to this forum, where it told me to make a new password.

On doing so it told me I'd never registered and my email address was unknown.

So I tried to register, thinking maybe it'd been so long my forum account had been disabled.

Only to be told my email address was already registered.  But that I didn't have a posting name.

So I made a posting name, only to be told that I couldn't use it, so I tried several alternatives, only to be told none of them would work. I input another new name, one I'd already tried, this one in fact and it went through fine. 

Now.. I can't find the forum thread to which I wanted to reply..

Interesting setup you have o2.. it's like you don't care but pretend you do.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Goliht
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyhow.. the scam is "We were unable to verify a payment method, so your plan will be terminated on 31/5/22" to avoid this goto.. link.

Apparently it is a well known scam.  Just not that well known that anything is done about it apparently.  One wonders.. how do the scammers get our mobile numbers.. Or how they can get msgs to us don't their numbers get reported enough? Well.. I reported it to 7726 apparently that's the number you use to report this stuff. Which I couldn't find anywhere else..

Message 2 of 2