cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to leave O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sick and tired of having hardly any signal and calls dropping, texts not being delivered or being delivered more than once. So I called 202 yesterday to speak to someone about leaving O2.

I was on hold yesterday for over 30 minutes before I got cut off. Today I am still on hold (after 45 mins listening to the worst hold music ever)

I think that this level of "customer service" from a company as large as O2 is appalling.

Surely, if you have a customer who is wanting to leave your service then you should answer the phone and at least try to find out how you could make the service better, instead of leaving people on hold for ridiculous amounts of time.

I want to leave. Your network doesn't provide the advertised service in my area. You are failing to hold up your end of the contract.

So answer the **bleep** phone. Shouldn't be too difficult since you are a telecommunications company.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 are a 99% sales organisation with a 1% effort on customer service. Once you've made your purchase you're on your own. The Ryan Air of phone companies.

Message 21 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar experience with getting a PAC code...

I had been an O2 customer since 1998 - but when the iPhone 5 prices and tariffs were released I couldn't ignore the better deals elsewhere (including unlimited data for a reasonably monthly fee, which I had had on my 3GS with O2), given that there is seemingly no specific benefit for customer loyalty.

However, getting a PAC code turned into a marathon of calling, waiting on hold, being cutoff (or even once getting a real person after a 40 minute wait, who then proceeded to tell me that their systems were "refreshing" and I would have to call back the next day!), etc.  

I had expected that I would potentially return to O2 in the future, if the pricing/contracts improved, given that we have other family phones still with them.  However, with my recent experience of their customer service, I do now feel it's much more likely we'll move our other numbers as well.

Message 22 of 22