Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im on the verge of tears over O2's Misconduct

RosieRP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Monday i had purchased the Galaxy z Fold 3, i paid a huge chunk up front and offered my current phone as a part exchange. I was informed my new device would be ready to collect on Wednesday.

Wednesday rolls around and i see a DHL notification informing me the parcel has been delayed until Thursday, Thursday rolls around i can see a delay until Friday.

Friday finally arrives and i get a notification again saying the parcel has been delayed.

I call DHL and am informed o2 failed to inform them of when their store re-opens from renovations. Of which i was never informed of. o2 never informed me of any delays, any renovations etc.

Tried to contact support currently 7 times.
1st time informed them of situation: was told they would contact dhl. They hang up and never call back.

2nd call, redid everything i said previously was hung up on.

3rd call, got through to retention department was cut off immediately.

4th time i went through to customer service explained the situation. was told the store would not open until the 17th and i will need to pay for my phone that hasn't arrived yet and will not be able to cancel once i collect it as the 14 day period to return would of ended (on a device ive not even received yet) I of course ask to speak to their retention department to cancel effective immediately. i get transferred through and cut off immediately.

5th call i go through to a half decent rep who is trying to help genuinely but as soon as they transfer me to the retention department i am cut off.

6th call same stuff as before back and forth and eventually cut off.

7th call same experience i am cut off right at the end.

Now this is a £1500 phone they are playing with. I am being forced to pay for the device i have not yet received. I am being led in circles and kept in the dark.

Not only is their customer service a Joke they are willing to breach my contract before its even started. They are costing me hundreds in lost money due to them losing my phone.

The gross misconduct alone makes me lose all faith in the company. and the only one being screwed here is me. I get a bad credit score, i lose money and i lose time over their continued screw ups.

Worst bit to try and shut me up i was offered £20 as a "Goodwill Gesture" 

What part of Limited Mobility, wont be available now because im leaving the city im in for the next month and cancel this contract do o2 fail to understand?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

RosieRP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got off the phone for the 8th and 9th time with o2, they cannot cancel the contract point blank. My old phone has been sent off as it was being recycled as part of the deal with me getting my new phone today. I no longer have a phone and have been told I will need to wait on o2 to re-open their store to cancel. Furthermore if i want to open up a new contract i will need to create a separate email account and create a contract that way. I cannot do that. 

How has o2 messed up this badly? And why am i caught in the middle?

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RosieRPI'll ask one of our account advisors to assist you. @Anonymous or @O2Emma can you help @RosieRP please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

RosieRP
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please and thank you. I tried one last time to have it sorted and was told i'd need to either wait for o2 to cancel the contract on the 17th which i can't do or pay off the entire device & start a new contract that will be delivered to my home tomorrow. So my options are wait with no phone or pay off 1500 and wait until tomorrow while starting a new contract. My Job heavily relies on my Phone and without it i'd cease to be able to do my Job. I've never felt so cornered by a Company. 😞

Message 4 of 7

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff  I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 5 of 7

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @RosieRP  I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7