cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6 WiFi Calling

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that Apple said that WiFi calling in the UK would be supported by EE. Anyone know if that is an exclusive deal, or can we expect O2 to offer the same in due course? Given the appalling reception for O2 I get in our house this would be a great feature.
Message 1 of 144
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 offer Tugo http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go at the moment.
WiFi calling is not an exclusive deal at all but it does need to be supported by the network.
We don't know yet what O2's plans are for WiFi calling......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 144
143 REPLIES 143

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 offer Tugo http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go at the moment.
WiFi calling is not an exclusive deal at all but it does need to be supported by the network.
We don't know yet what O2's plans are for WiFi calling......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why does it need to be supported by the network I would have thought it worked similar to FaceTime
Message 3 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

From the initial reports from some users across the pond that wifi calling is seamless, I'm sure many are hoping O2 adopt this feature.

I'm guessing as it's included in iOS 8 and O2 can't control what goes in that, it will be some form of Carrier Update which o2 do have a say in.

As Tugo is very glitchy and is only available to Contract Customers this may be a very valuable tool for many.
Message 4 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well let's hope he is misinformed 

Me:

Will the O2 version of the iPhone 6 support wifi calling?

O2 :

No

Me: 

oh why is that do you know ?

O2 :

Don't worry, there is nothing serious. We at O2 believe that when we offer any service to our customer that should be 100% satisfactory.

O2 :

Its a new way of calling and O2 is working on it.

Me:

ah ok

Me:

any idea when you guys may implement it ?

O2 :

We always believe in quality.

It does beg the question when they are really trying to sell Tu GO a WIFI calling App but don't support WIFI calling on the iPhone : / 

Message 5 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 144

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Twitter have been known to be wrong in the past too and I can't believe that o2 aren't at least looking at WiFi calling - Tugo isn't a one stop fix all problem for everyone and surely they know this ?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure your possibly right MI5 and I recognise it's early days so possibly O2 cannot say for sure so just say 'No' for now !
Message 8 of 144

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Obviously it's no for now but like you say, no one can know the future unless o2 tell us.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable