cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI barred when phone lost. Now its been found O2 cannot reinstate my network on my phones handset

FLW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope someone can help. I called O2 on 08/01/22 as I had lost my phone and requested that the phone and IMEI be blocked to prevent fraudulent activity incase it was stolen. (I actually had to contact O2 3 times before the block was successfully placed on the handset) . The phone was then found and just after lunch on 08/01/22 I called O2 to request the blocks were lifted on both the IMEI for the handset and sim. I was advised this could take up to 24 hours to reactivate. On 09/01/22 I called O2 again as was still unable to make or receive calls. I was told the IMEI lift had not been requested. They apologised and again told me to wait 24 hours. A further 24 hours passed and yesterday I contacted O2 again....once again I was told that the IMEI had not been lifted from the back end. They apologised and advised they would give me a £10 good will gesture into my account for the inconvenience and send me a text once this was activated (I still can't receive texts so needless to say I haven't received anything!) They again stated that my phone would be in full working order within 24hrs. Fast forward 24 hours again and you guessed it.... My phone still does not work. They have today advised they can send a new sim (NB they have already sent a new sim following my initial request on 8th January and this arrived today but as I have explained to them several times now, my original sim is working perfectly fine as I have tried it in another handset and the sim block is definitely lifted as on other handsets the O2 network functions perfectly, it is the block on the IMEI phone handset device itself that is the problem and I cannot use my phone for the network provision I am paying for. I can connect to WhatsApp etc and all WiFi apps when in the house but I cannot make or receive calls through O2 network and cannot use my phone at all when I am away from home. When I have checked websites they all state whichever carrier placed the barrier on the device, only that same carrier can remove it so I am stuck with a phone that I cannot use away from home. Its been 4 days now and I am feeling my only option is to buy a new handset as none of the CS agents appear to be able to fix this issue for me. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or can anyone offer any advice on how I can get the IMEI barrier lifted as O2 are stating there are no restrictions showing on my account yet I am here with a phone that no longer works. 

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @K8xax, sorry to hear this.

I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 129

paulreece
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @O2Lisa Im having the same issue as everyone on this thread can you please help me ive spent last 7 days on calls and chats to diffrent advisors and nobody is able to help me

Message 22 of 129

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @paulreece of course I can.

I'll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 129

cvm0093
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa apologies to be a nuisance i'm also having the same issue as everyone on this thread for 5 days running now and seem to have exhausted all options with customer services can you please help me too?

Message 24 of 129

CarolineB
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa @I’m really sorry to bother you but I’m having the same problem as others have experienced. I really need my phone reactivating so wondered if you can help? Thanks 😊 xx

Message 25 of 129

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@CarolineB Lisa is not on duty at this time of day. I will tag the advisors who are. @Anonymous or @O2Emma can you please advise?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 26 of 129

CarolineB
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much 👍

Message 27 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Thanks for the tag @CarolineB will private message you.

O2Simon

Message 28 of 129

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Sorry for the late reply @CarolineB, I can see O2Simon is now helping but if you need anything else just let me know 😊

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 129

Raaz
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having a similar problem - would one of the advisors be able to help me? Thanks

@O2Lisa @Anonymous

Message 30 of 129