cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI barred when phone lost. Now its been found O2 cannot reinstate my network on my phones handset

FLW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope someone can help. I called O2 on 08/01/22 as I had lost my phone and requested that the phone and IMEI be blocked to prevent fraudulent activity incase it was stolen. (I actually had to contact O2 3 times before the block was successfully placed on the handset) . The phone was then found and just after lunch on 08/01/22 I called O2 to request the blocks were lifted on both the IMEI for the handset and sim. I was advised this could take up to 24 hours to reactivate. On 09/01/22 I called O2 again as was still unable to make or receive calls. I was told the IMEI lift had not been requested. They apologised and again told me to wait 24 hours. A further 24 hours passed and yesterday I contacted O2 again....once again I was told that the IMEI had not been lifted from the back end. They apologised and advised they would give me a £10 good will gesture into my account for the inconvenience and send me a text once this was activated (I still can't receive texts so needless to say I haven't received anything!) They again stated that my phone would be in full working order within 24hrs. Fast forward 24 hours again and you guessed it.... My phone still does not work. They have today advised they can send a new sim (NB they have already sent a new sim following my initial request on 8th January and this arrived today but as I have explained to them several times now, my original sim is working perfectly fine as I have tried it in another handset and the sim block is definitely lifted as on other handsets the O2 network functions perfectly, it is the block on the IMEI phone handset device itself that is the problem and I cannot use my phone for the network provision I am paying for. I can connect to WhatsApp etc and all WiFi apps when in the house but I cannot make or receive calls through O2 network and cannot use my phone at all when I am away from home. When I have checked websites they all state whichever carrier placed the barrier on the device, only that same carrier can remove it so I am stuck with a phone that I cannot use away from home. Its been 4 days now and I am feeling my only option is to buy a new handset as none of the CS agents appear to be able to fix this issue for me. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or can anyone offer any advice on how I can get the IMEI barrier lifted as O2 are stating there are no restrictions showing on my account yet I am here with a phone that no longer works. 

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@FLW 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@FLW 

As you aren't having any luck with customer services on the numerous occasions you have called them, I'll ask @O2Lisa to look at this for you in the morning. She is on at 8am and will send you a private message to get some details from you.

So check this page tomorrow and look for a message. (the envelope icon at the top of the page on the right hand side).

PM 22.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 129

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning, thanks for the tag @Cleoriff.

@FLW I'll message you privately and get this sorted for you 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 129

FLW
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lisa I don't seem to be able to access my messages. It keeps requesting that I verify its me by entering my phone number to get a code sent to join the O2 community as a member but I don't have access to my phones messages so cannot join. I can see your question in my emails but when clicking on the link it takes me back to the registration page and cannot verify who I am. Its so frustrating! 

Message 5 of 129

FLW
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I have been able to access my private messages and have sent you a response. My phone seems to be intermittently allowing me access to that area so just wanted to check you have everything you need from me whilst I am still able to message on here

Message 6 of 129

FLW
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  thanks for tagging in @O2Lisa to this issue. She has managed to sort out my access in less than 2 hours following a very stressful 5 days with numerous agents in CS so appreciate your assistance here! 

Message 7 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You're very welcome @FLW. So pleased it's sorted. 😁

@O2Lisa  is a bit of a whiz kid with sorting out unusual problems 😉 Thanks Lisa. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 129

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Aw thanks @Cleoriff 😊

You're welcome @FLW, I hope you both have a lovely day.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 129

Katieshambles
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, I have this exact problem! Requested the imei lift on Saturday morning at 11am and I am still unable e to make or receive calls. Could you or someone on your team possibly look into this for me? I'm getting a little stressed as I have a child in school and if there's a problem they won't be able to contact me! Thanks, Katie 

Message 10 of 129