cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am being charged un-necessary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had iPhone 4s contract of 24 months of £35/month. Contract finished in January 2014. I thought it will be converetd to Pay as you go automatically. I realized in February that they are still charging me about £35. They should charge me only for the terrife not for the phone. I called and asked for a refund. They did not give me any refund. I have spoken to one of the manager and requested to cancel my account straight away. Later on after that I requested a PAC code to transfer to a different network. However I did not transfer. I realized today thay they are still charging me £35/month. I called asked for refund, they said they cant refund. I only made 12 calls, 7 text, 22MB internet. Should they charge me £35?  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear piperdog123,

thanks for your reply. 

You are talking same as the o2 customer service. slight_smile
I don't care about converting it to monthly rolling contract after the contract period. All I am trying is, to know this:

=> Once I have requested to cancel the account and given notice, this means the account will be cancelled after the notice period or converted to pay as you go. After that If I call and request for a PAC code, why did they make it a rolling contract again without my CONSENT? Is this right? 

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Please phone O2 Customer Service for further official advice.

The info passed onto you here is correct wether you feel is fair or not.

😞

Take care.
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again anowar999

To be fair I have answered this several times but will try again:

When you ask to cancel your account / contract you effectively give o2 31 days notice. IF NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS then after 31 days your contract ends and your number stops working. IT DOES NOT CONVERT TO PAYG unless you specifically ask o2 to do this.

If, during the 31 day notice period you then ask for a PAC code this cancels the request to cancel the account/contract. If you use the PAC code to a new network your contract with o2 ends on the day your number ports to the new provider. IF HOWEVER YOU DON'T USE THE PAC CODE THEN YOUR AGREEMENT WITH O2 GOES BACK TO THE BEGINNING I.E A 30 DAY ROLLING AGREEMENT AT THE SAME PRICE AS BEFORE.

It does not revert to cancellation of account/contract as this had been cancelled itself by asking for the PAC code.

I really cannot make it any clearer than that.

The reason what I say sounds like o2 CS is because it is the correct answer. You are seeking to go outside of the correct process and as such are struggling to get the answers you want. The reality is you won't get the answers you want.

I hope this helps
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.

I realize that I will not get answer I am looking for in this forum.

I will try somewhere else.

thanks again

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed BoB

Nowhere else for this to go. The OP will spend more time fighting it, will continue to be charged £35 per month and will then likely complain that o2 continue to charge.

The OP has said they will search for a different answer elsewhere. That is fine. The answer is unlikely to change.
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 645 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
I don't see the problem. Either give 30 days notice and request a P&G sim or request and use a PAC, end of.
Message 16 of 16