cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Cant send a sms message

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am able to recieve text from everyone, but my phone wont allow me to text anyone back. It stays in the outbox and says resend at a certain time but then that time comes and then it will say a time 3 minutes later. i have a sony ericsson satio.

i don't know what to do. ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the sim send texts when placed in another phone ok? If so then sounds like there's a software fault with your handset which can be cured by going to the sony ericsson website and checking for a software update...if it's the sim that's at fault, then pop into any o2 store and ask for a replacement sim slight_smile
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the sim send texts when placed in another phone ok? If so then sounds like there's a software fault with your handset which can be cured by going to the sony ericsson website and checking for a software update...if it's the sim that's at fault, then pop into any o2 store and ask for a replacement sim slight_smile

Thank you.
yes the sim does work in another phone so, but i will go onto the o2 website and try for updates slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before you do an update, I would check you have the correct Message Centre number in the phone settings.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a sony satio phone. The message centre number is correct and but it will not allow me to send text messages. Everything else is working fine and I am able to receive text and make phone calls.
The SIM is fine as it works in another handset.
Anyone got any ideas?
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try the advice above?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had this with my Nokia twice and had to send the phone back for the software updates each time. Doing it myself didn't work. 😞 Bad times.
Message 7 of 7