cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Husband left me and kids- need copies of texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

my husband left me and my young children 3 months ago and have since been invloved in a nasty access dispute. I have sent text to him and unfortunately didn't save texts (rather nasty ones) that he sent to me.

He's going to use texts i sent to him in a custody battle in court. Is there any way i can get copies of text i sent (most importantly) and text that he sent to me.

I did have a bluebook approx 3 months ago, but i closed it down about 1 month ago, when he said that he could access it. I have started it up again, but all the texts have gone from the past.

Any idea's

Thanks x
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93318 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Hi sjc1997, sorry for the problems you are having. I'm presuming that any texts you sent would have been logged on your previous Bluebook account but I doubt O2 will be able to access a deleted account.

Even though O2 may be able to supply you with a log of your text messages, again I doubt if they will be able to access the actual content of the text. It might be worth writing to O2 and also see exactly what information O2 have stored on you by perhaps using the link below ::

www.o2.co.uk/subjectaccess 

I wish you good luck.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that, very good replies grin
they can send me the dates i sent messages for a £10 fee, but not details of the texts.
May ask my solictor about obtaining the info, if it does go to court

Thanks

sarah x
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Assuming that you're going through county court, both sides are required to provide all evidence that they intend to rely upon to the other side. It's called disclosure and inspection of documents and your solicitor should be able to guide you through form N265 which deals with it.

Both sides are required to submit these documents a period of time before the hearing so that the other side can respond or object to any particular part of the evidence.

Basically if he's going to rely on text conversations, he's going to have to provide both sides of the conversation otherwise he's going to look a right eejit.
Message 4 of 4