Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei’s Mate X | more specs, hints at approaching release |

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mate X will come in three different RAM and storage configurations: 6GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB, and 12GB + 512GB, each with support for expansion via the Nano Memory card standard.I doubt that Huawei would release a 6GB RAM variant of such a high-end device, but perhaps the company just keeps its options open.

The phone’s dimensions are also finalized here. In its unfolded state, the Mate X will measure 161.3mm x 146.2mm x 11mm with a weight of 287 grams. A quad-camera array adorns the Mate X’s thick “bar”. The resolutions of the first three are 40MP, 16MP and 8MP, while the last one is a ToF sensor.

The Mate X will feature Huawei’s fastest 55W Super Charge, Huawei’s launch of the Mate X is intended for the Russian market and have pointed for a September release, however China could see it even sooner.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @TheGreyApe ! Cheers for the info around this phone - are you thinking of getting this one  yourself, or is this a general interest of yours? slight_smile

Message 2 of 3

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo Personally I'm not an android fan however Im loving this modern day space race for the first foldable phone that wont break. From what ive seen so far between the Samsung Fold and the Mate X, I personally like the design of the Mate X a lot more due to the way the notch is in the phone and it sits flush(ish) instead of looking like a folded piece of paper with an ugly edge on it, I think that both phones have high potential to flop however because from what's inside the phone, I think its more of a gimmick than an actual practical product. Both companies have opted to make the phones less powerful than the likes of their Flagship phones e.g. Galaxy range and the P Pro range even though both phones may need higher processing to do basic tasks.

Message 3 of 3