cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei portable hotspot

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm looking to buy the huawei portable hotspot preloaded with 12gb of data, can anyone tell me that once this data is used up what the tarriffs are to top it up. Ideally id be looking to top up with 12gb again but not if it is too expensive. Thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Link to tariffs here
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-PPC_Direct_Free_Sim-_-Brand-Core...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

C1BBDAD6-F45F-4298-B74F-278459BBC543.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Link to tariffs here
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-PPC_Direct_Free_Sim-_-Brand-Core...

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, is this to top up as well? I seen this on the website too, I called into the o2 shop and they said it was £40 for 12gb,called o2 customer service and they didn't know just said look on the website!!
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Those are the only top ups I know of and the only options you get as far as I know.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Don't know if you've found the link but these are the tariffs for 12 months or 30 days only: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals/#deviceType=tablet&contractLength=P30D  or bizarrely, its actually under the tablet sims section for costs: https://www.o2.co.uk/tablet-sims and the upper limit is 10GB for a topup at one time.

I did, as an experiment, try the 5GB 30 day PAYG one purely for work purposes for a couple of months. Which was just a perfect amount of data surprisingly for a 5 day week over a month just for work. But the top-up amount is expensive to continually do on PAYG though bear in mind if you're occasionally using it over a period then it works out fine as you don't lose the remainder until the expiry date if you take the right tariff for you.

But I'd suggest taking a look at the "red" network as they are cheaper for the larger data tariffs on a 30 days contract. Unlike o2 they don't do PAYG so its an advantage for o2 in that respect.  I have done that to effectively replace my landline broadband and bought an unlocked Huawei Wifi Pro from ebay but that's another subject in itself!

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for this, think it might work out very expensive then. It's mainly for weekend use at a caravan to check emails, facebook etc. Will look into red now, thank you
Message 7 of 7